Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 2013 500 atv, and am having a weird problem, this machine has less than 120 hours on it.. gear sensor is reading neutral, and i have no codes on the dash (although i had a tilt sensor code come up twice but cleared it) i do however have a engine indicator icon on, no information with self diag though. It will not do ANYTHING. No click no turnover.. fresh battery and stator, no codes. Start Switch is operational seeming with my power probe.. however if i supply ground to my starter solenoid signal wire (gauge 10? yellow and green) my switch will turn the starter over, but i have 1 spark and nothing after... please help lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 14g (not 10 sorry) yellow and green wire that signals the solenoid, is the ground provided by the ecm or ecu whatever? Because thats what im leaning towards as the problem... these models are supposed to display and trouble codes that would prevent a start.. if its not supplying ground or a code then surely its the culprit?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Not sure with your machine. I know CountryCat has service manuals that include troubleshooting guides and wiring diagrams for our machines. You might check there (under support) and see if they have anything specific for your machine to assist. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think there is any real way of diagnosing an ecm.. just really trying to find out if the ground singal for solenoid is supplied by ecm

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
As Wired wrote, the countrycat website has wiring diagrams for most Arctic Cat machines. Download the diagram and figure it out.

This forum is targeted at Wildcat side-by-sides. Finding someone here with knowledge of your ATV is a bit of a long-shot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
make sure the kill switch is working. the on the handle bar. test it or by pass it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts