Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes my last ditch effort to try and figure out whats wrong with my x. I am hitting the rev limiter at 7600 rpm at 45 mph in high and around 20-25 mph in low. I have put a new belt on, a new stator and new gear position switch. I have cleaned all the sensor plugs. It has the team repsonsive clutch system and I do have the right belt. I have seen a few posts on here with the same problem but have not seen any about how or if they got it fixed. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated before I take it to the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Did it have clutch work done too it? Did you buy it used? If you did buy it used, what size of tires did past owner have on it? If you changed the belt, I would check the weights on the primary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did buy it used. Just bought it a cpl weeks ago. When i bought i didnt have anywhere to run it wide open so i did not know it was hitting rev limiter at 45mph. It has 28" tires on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only has like 480miles and 80hrs on it. I am not aware of any clutch work being done on it.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Are you at all familiar with how CVT clutches work? Team has a nice youtube video if you are new to these things.

The engine RPM will soar is the front clutch does not close correctly. When working correctly, the sheaves close together, push the belt out to a taller ratio and load the engine. If they bind, the CVT doesn't put the correct load on the engine and it revs too high. Pull the clutch (requires a special tool available many places, including Amazon), blow out (clean) the clutch, remove the cover and make sure the weights and sheave move easily. Actually, you can do all of that without pulling the clutch, but it will be more awkward controlling the cover when you remove and re-install it. Most guys can squeeze the cover against the spring with their hands and get the bolts started.

Reactions: NDHotbodies
1 - 5 of 5 Posts