Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday as i was riding my cat a loud noise came from the engine. when i got off to check there was a big hole i the clutch cover. this morning i removed the cover and saw both primary and secondary clutch exploded into pieces. is there any reason why something like this would happen? should i buy same type of clutch from team industries or should i upgrade? what would you guys recommend? im new to this

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That was a very common problem when the Team clutch came out. There was a recall back in the day to upgrade to the better primary but they would only change it if they found cracks. I upgraded mine on my own to eliminate the problem. Any new primary will be the new stronger style. The last 3 digits are -4 ? ? instead of -3 ? ? on the part number. (I don't remember the exact numbers any more)
That sucks that yours never got upgraded. Hopefully it only took out the secondary and the cover and didn't do any more damage.
I still have the old one in good shape sitting on the shelf if anyone wants it. I wouldn't run it permanently but it's a good spare.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
I have a nearly new secondary clutch and a clutch cover left over from our X. Not looking to get rich selling them, but not willing to give them away, either. If you are interested, send me a PM when you have enough posts (either 5 or 10).

·
Registered
12 Posts
That was a very common problem when the Team clutch came out. There was a recall back in the day to upgrade to the better primary but they would only change it if they found cracks. I upgraded mine on my own to eliminate the problem. Any new primary will be the new stronger style. The last 3 digits are -4 ? ? instead of -3 ? ? on the part number. (I don't remember the exact numbers any more)
That sucks that yours never got upgraded. Hopefully it only took out the secondary and the cover and didn't do any more damage.
I still have the old one in good shape sitting on the shelf if anyone wants it. I wouldn't run it permanently but it's a good spare.
Have you ever had a striped bolt. Going into the crank. The reverse tread one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts