Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On start up it runs great long as ride.but when you turn it off for a few minutes and take off again it will stumble like its running out of fuel for a few seconds then it will take off an run fine .can you help

·
Registered
626 Posts
Take it in to your dealer and have the ECU updated. Takes about 5 minutes and most do it for free.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
My ecu has been updated, it has done what you describe since new. Seems to be a heat soak issue. Making sure the temp is below 192 when the fan kicks off usually prevents any studder after short stop and start. Or just take a longer break before starting. Also just goosing the throttle makes it go away.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Exactly what mine did the entire time I owned it :(
Never did figure it out, does seem to be a heat sink issue, tried insulating fuel hose, shutting off only after fan stopped cycling, nothing cured it.
I think it's a ECU issue because my son's Trail, only a few hundred serial numbers off mine never did it??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to dealer had ecu updates an now it runs great .seems to idle better more throttle response an no more stumble.thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts