Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone this is my first time using this website, and this is also my first side by side. I absolutely love it, the power and everything is incredible, the handling and the suspension is unbelievable. It is a 2014 arctic cat wildcat 1000 4 seater with only 570 miles on it, and 40 hours. I bought it used, I have been reading up on people having problems with going into gear. I thought that it was a problem but i found out that you cannot park on a hill and put the sxs in another gear because it wont want to come out, any one else have this happen? The other problem i have had is at really low speeds, up to around 8 miles an hour i hear a clunking in the rear end, i though it was in the clutches at first. Took it apart and it was clean and nothing broke, belt was okay. Greased it and put it back together. Took it out and still made the same noise, the noise is almost like the rear end hanging up because of sticking, i will post a video later and see what you guys think it could be, i checked the rear dif fluid and it was fine, looked brand new, changed the oil and filter and they were perfectly fine, the only time i hear the noise is at real low speedThank you for your input, Kevin

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Kevin, I wouldn't think the rear diff would start to fail at 570 miles, but it's my 1st guess. Raise the back end with tires off the ground and turn a tire forward (they both will turn). It should rotate smoothly with no hang-ups or noise.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Probably the rear brake pads. Drive it slowly and listen for the noise. Once you hear it, apply the brakes lightly and see if the sound goes away. Mine did it when I first got it, and that was what was making the sound.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mike you are just hearing the play between the belt drive and other mechanical workings. I have had a few people comment on different machines. Just rock your car back and forth and you will see what I mean. It isn't like a new car or truck. Run it like you stole it and you'll be fine. Just change the oils frequently and NEVER LUBE the clutches or anything inside the cover if you do the belt will some how find a drop and slip-burn-disintegrate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted a video of going down hill and didn't make the noise when applying the brakes, but once you start to go again it would make the noise

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
not sure kevin is still online...3 yr old thread...maybe Hollywood can tell if he's still active...

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
If you click on the member's name you can see when they were last on. Kevin hasn't been online here for 10 months.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
thanks for the skinny roy...never paid any attention to that...but then again i'm old!...

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
hangin' in there roy...the a-fib is a lil' disconcerting though...never had it before...at times it feels like i have a hummingbird under the sternum...glad it isn't 24/7...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts