Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 4x and was running fine the other day turn it off for a few minutes and was really hard to start. It did start after three or four times. Code flashing in the console p3036. I used it a couple times after with no issues. Should I replace the stator befor it quotes completely?

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I started to write that the stator has nothing to do with how well the engine starts, other than keeping the battery charged. I'm guessing that you called it the stator because you have to buy the stator assembly to get the crank position sensor.

Changing the stator / CPS isn't something you want to do on the side of a trail. If you use your 4X in a way that it wouldn't be too inconvenient if it failed, I suppose I might wait for one more error code before replacing it. If you use it the way most of us do, I would repair it sooner rather than later.

I find that I am wishing I had cut the wires to the CPS outside the stator cover when my stator got chewed up. I have a spare CPS, but the splices would have to be inside the stator cover, which is an oily environment. That might not be any better than having a flakey CPS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I referred to the stator since it is sold as a stator/cps assembly. I figured it was best to change it before it quit since I am like most people and would be way more than an inconvience when it dies. I was mainly hoping there might be a magic fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts