Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '14 Wildcat Trail. 1300 miles.... didn't seem like a lot of miles for the year... I look forward to being a member here....Is there anything I should look for on the machine or inherit issues? Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just picked up a '14 Wildcat Trail. 1300 miles.... didn't seem like a lot of miles for the year... I look forward to being a member here....Is there anything I should look for on the machine or inherit issues? Thanks
Welcome. Go to Trail section there is a sticky for known issues an fixes. Something to that effect. Lots of things to check there most minor. Would think the major early ('14) stuff may have been dealt with on yours or failed and fixed.. Check it over real good and against the sticky list. Also back firewall panels and heat shield were a recall recently. Find a dealer that is competent and get s/n ran for any/all recalls and go from there. And get harnesses. Fun machine and can go a lot of places just get it up to snuff mechanically and giver. Oh unless you have shop service receipt for fluid changes do them all to spec! Virtually everything you need to know is in this forum if you search it. Have fun!

·
Administrator
27,733 Posts
Welcome TubecatGS, congrats. 2nd the harnesses, and a harness bar. Harnesses will save your life one day. Buy a couple of spare belts, IMO OEM belts are the best ones. Rocky Mountain ATV has the best prices.

Reactions: TubecatGS and Dean

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Congrats
I, second what Dean and Hollywood said.
They are fun and can get in/around/thru places the others can't
Also I would suggest to download a copy of the service manual to your phone for quick reference.
You can get a copy from country cat

Reactions: TubecatGS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats
I, second what Dean and Hollywood said.
They are fun and can get in/around/thru places the others can't
Also I would suggest to download a copy of the service manual to your phone for quick reference.
You can get a copy from country cat
Thank you. Yes, I downloaded the service manual.. I scanned through it and some sports are kind of vague but will help for sure. so far folks have been great here offering help. Thank you all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts