Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT, 2006 TRV500, 2006 TRV400
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has ever run into this...

We bought this machine for my wife two weeks ago. 700 miles, just serviced by our dealer and all up to date on recalls.

Last weekend, took it out for about 15 miles of easier trails so she could get a feel for it, and all was well.

This past weekend we went out again, it was very wet, lots of water crossings and mud...everything was perfect for the first 10 miles or so, then it started randomly pulling hard to the right as she was driving. 4 different people drove it and all had the same experience. It was definitely more pronounced in 4wd, she would be driving along straight and the wheel would suddenly jerk hard right. We looked at everything and didn't see any damage, nothing stuck in the steering mechanism or brakes, nothing visible was causing it.

Had her switch to 2wd and it was doing it much less, so we rode back to the trailhead with her using 2wd unless she needed to get unstuck.

Today I went out to hose off the mud and load the machine up to take it to the dealer and the problem is gone. I drove all around in both 2wd and 4wd, it's not happening anymore.

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT, 2006 TRV500, 2006 TRV400
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was wrong, I just went out and took it for another drive and the problem is still there. It's hard to explain, but basically as I'm driving along the steering just intermittently pulls hard right for a second or two then goes back to straight. It is now doing it in both 4wd and 2wd.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My first guess would be you picked up something in the brake on the right front going through the mud. The caliper might be packed full of mud, or there might be a small stone wedged in there that grabs randomly. The calipers are easy to pull, I'd take it apart and take a look.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Do you have power steering? If so can you disconnect the power to it and see if the trouble goes away. That would at least eliminate trouble there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts