Wildcat Forum banner

2014 X LTD Build

21K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  16foxracing16 
#1 ·
Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone, I have been lurking on the forums for a while but this is my first post. I picked up a leftover 2014 X Limited in May of 2015 and have been beyond amazed with this machine and the places I have taken it compared to some of my Rzr friends. I recently rolled it and got a nice check from my insurance company so I am about to start building it more to my likings. First on the list is a set of Rhino axles and a set of DOM high clearance radius arms since that I what actually broke/bent in the rollover, I already have BadAss Unlimited tie rods. I am also getting a set of a-arms built w/ skid plates, a custom cage w/ harness bar and aluminum roof, winch mount, and rock sliders. All the fab work is going to be done at MetalWerx in Hickory, NC which is also who built my cage on my Toyota Truggy. I will post some before, during, and after pics over the next 2 weeks. If anyone has any other suggestions for a build please feel free to post. Here is a pic from before the rollover.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I want to see the after roll pics... Congrats on your new ride. I should have filed an insurance claim when I rolled mine, but the cage was only slightly tweaked 1/4" or so, and nothing else broke. My deductible was too much in comparison to the potential payout, so I passed. Harnesses are a good thing, as I found out the hard way that the stock belts suck. Neck hurt for a month.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

#3 ·
Welcome WICKEDX. Love picture builds! My only recommendation is for harnesses and a harness bar, unless your cage has it.

Reactions: WICKEDX
#5 ·
I dont any pics after the roll because I didn't think it damaged anything but cosmetics. The roll honestly wasn't that bad, more of a flop, I didn't even realize the radius arm was bent until I got home and unloaded if that tells you anything. I knew I broke the axle but I just rode around in 2wd the rest of that day (probably 30 miles). I will say however the adjuster that came out to look at it told me straight up he had no idea what he was looking for, and for me to tell him what was broke. Needless to say every dent/scratch/chip happened during the rollover. You can see my fender dented in and rocker panels scratched in that pic, which was well before the roll, and all that was written into the estimate. The new cage will have the harness bar built in and I have harnesses already that I had bought a few weeks ago just hadn't got installed yet. Coming from the rock crawling scene to the sxs scene I knew harnesses and helmets were a must.

#6 ·
Did a roll with just the stock belts. I prefer a roll with harnesses now. :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Dropped it off at the shop today to get the ball rolling. Still waiting on parts to come
in and this rzr to get out of the way ��, they always seem to be just that, right in the way ������hahaha
on Automobile repair shop Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part

#11 ·
Got the front end apart, pulled axles and now have to order new seals bc I have one that is busted up pretty bad. You can see in the pic where the axle ate into the diff housing too. It broke the splines off inside the front diff and they were a pain in the ass to get out lol.but I guess if you're going to tear it up, you might as well get your money's worth....

Hopefully the lower a arms will be off by the weekend and we can start working on them come first to middle of next week.

Automobile repair shop Vehicle Car

Auto part Wheel Rotor Tire Automotive wheel system

#14 ·
What happens when I go window shopping bc I'm waiting on parts, I end up buying more parts.... FYI these traveller light bars (tractor supply) are BRIGHT, I hooked them up to the truck battery to test them, and for just under $200 for the pair I couldn't be more satisfied. :wiggle:

Electronics Machine Technology Furniture Table

#15 ·
Well radius bars came in today, I went with the high lifter bars, and I must say they look like a quality piece. I'm still waiting on the axle seal to come in but according to UPS it will be here Wednesday morning. Once the seal does get here though we will be back on track. The game plan now is to have every thing back together Thursday evening, than taking the it to get the cage mocked up on bend-tech on Friday. Unless i see a cage between now and Friday that peeks my interest, the plan is to chop the cage about 4" and keep a sleek low profile look, I'm only 5'10" so I have plenty of head room lol. I'll post pics soon as I start reassembling, I forgot how impatient I was, the suspense is killing me to see the finished product haha.

#16 ·
FINALLY able to get back at it tonight. Between having a sick kid and waiting on parts I haven't been able to get much done. With that said though... I got the new axle seal in, both rhino axles in, and my high lifter radius arms on. Big shout out to Larrys Muffler Shop for letting me use his shop/lifts/tools. If any of you guys live in NC and need any custom exhaust work or diesel tuning done he is the man for it, top notch guy. Hangar Automobile repair shop Factory Vehicle Building
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

#18 ·
Thanks man. I'm more than excited about getting this cage mocked up Friday and starting on the a arms too. Already took a couple days off too so I can be there for most of the design and build process. Think I may bite the bullet and go ahead and get my tires too while I'm already spending the money. Just have to decide which ones I want.

#20 ·
Looks great! Nice that you can use that garage and the lift and stuff. Makes everything easier.

#22 ·
That shop makes all the difference in the world having access to lifts and tools. Plus having a helping hand never hurts either.
He is a Polaris guy though that's the only downfall, I get the shop, tools, help, and beer but I have to listen to him talk sooooo much shit lol. It's all in good fun though.

#30 ·
I really like Mike's cage, it has a terrific look from any angle ... but I like the flat top versions for practicality ... a nice secure place to set my beverage when working on the machine (don't want is to roll off and spill) :trink4:

#32 ·
Alright guys we got the cage designed today and man I couldn't be more pleased. We looked at tons of different cages again today and Scott at MetalwerXs took my idea and some we seen online and ran with it. Needless to say this will definitely be a one off Wildcat cage with more of a rock bouncer buggy look to it. For now we're keeping the stock full limited doors but that's subject to change at any moment lol.

SPOILER ALERT:
I really wanted to post the pics of the drawings in bendtech but I'm going to hold off until it's done then I'll post them first and then pics of the build and completed cage. I don't think the drawings will do this cage justice, Scott was able to incorporate everything I wanted and still keep it sleek and clean looking. To say I'm excited would be a major understatement.

#34 ·
Got everything stripped down today since I had a few hours, hoping it will speed the process up when we start on Monday morning. The cage is loosened just sitting in the top. However I did break one of my seat latches (driver side) somehow during disassembly... Didn't realize they were plastic, anyone make a metal one?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire All-terrain vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.