Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Wildcat Trail. Last used it a few months ago. Parked it in my heated garage. Went to start it yesterday, fuel pump does not engage, and the engine will not turn over. The gear selector reads E. I am assuming that means the gear position switch is no good. My question is will that switch being no good cause the engine not to turn over, or do I have other problems to look for?

·
Administrator
28,027 Posts
Welcome CurtisC. Always try to eliminate the easiest stuff first. How's the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome CurtisC. Always try to eliminate the easiest stuff first. How's the battery?
I fully charged the battery, fuses are all good, I switched relays around as well. All my lights work, winch works. Just wanted to see if anyone knew if a faulty gear position switch could cause the no start, or should I start working my way through the electrical system to see if I can find any other problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The E on the display is interesting, haven't seen that mentioned in the manuals for it.

Yes a faulty Gear Position Switch could cause a no start issue as that's a safety feature.

Tried pressing the Brake pedal before starting?
Tried running the Gear Selector thru every position a few times to see if the display changed values?
Made sure the Switch connector is still plugged in? Then tried reseating it? (unplug then plug it back it)
Checked for any damaged wires? Only takes a single night for one rodent to make a real mess of things let alone if they had friends and weeks to chew and whiz on it.
Tried starting in Neutral with the brake pedal pressed?

If you suspect the Gear Switch is faulty, you could unplug it, then jumper two of the wires together, Gry/Grn and Black. That will mimic the switch being installed and in Park, to see if the Display then changes to read P, and then if so if it wants to start. Just make 100% sure that the actual Gear Selector is in fact in Park before turning the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts