Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out this week in northern New York at an ice fishing tournament and my trail was acting weird on one of the cold days.
so I'm out on the lake and it is minus 5 f with a wind chill of minus 38 and 15 to 20 mph wind I parked on the opposite side of my shelter to act as a wind break. So after it had been sitting for about 2 hours ,
I went to start it and it acted like a dead battery turn the key and nothing happened no power to dash no nothing so I look at my aux batt. Gauge and battery is not dead I try again and nothing in run position but this time when I hit start position dash came on funky and it turned over repeatedly but no fuel pump after about ten minutes of doing this I finally had fuel pump and it started , but running really rough and idling really high so high in fact that it would move ingear without throttle........
this same scenario happened three times that day.......

So every other 3 days I was out there it ran fine and the wind conditions were the same and the temperature was was in 3 to 4 degrees of that

Anyone have any ideas ??????????

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't have any answer except I don't want to work in them Temps either, both my diesel work trucks didn't run or leave the office during that extremely cold day here, even our lease car didn't sound good when I started it to go to work...

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you warm it up real good before you parked it? It’s good to always warm these up every run

Yeah it ran for about an hour before it was parked including the 2 mile ride down the lake

·
Registered
964 Posts
Two Trails local, one a 2016 the other a 2017, both had wiring harness replaced under warranty due to same sounding issue repeatedly.
The problem seems to be fixed although it's only been couple weeks since replacement.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had this exact problem last winter and it turned out to be my relays freezing. All I could figure was that they had a small amount of moisture in them enough to freeze the contacts. I took them all inside for a while and let them dry. Haven't had issue since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts