Wildcat Forum banner

2017 wildcat sport lemon since day ONE

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  toyman 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let you know that we have finally gotten Arctic Cat/ Textron to contact the Maine Attorney General Office. 🤪. Even better news they have offered to replace my Wildcat Sport with a new Wildcat XX with comparable accessories. I appreciate that offer however just a bit bummed that I recently spent over $3K to have new crank and other motor items for my Sport because it had been 2 years waiting and being without a running Side by Side. We were able to get a maiden ride in prior to the trails closing for the fall/winter season.

My whole ordeal:
I originally purchased at dealership in Lebanon that was sold to another person a few months after purchasing this machine. The other dealership is in Sidney. I live closer to the Sidney dealership. At the time of purchase Lebanon would not trade machines with Sidney so in order to get this one I had to go to Lebanon to purchase.

I never beat on my Sport and it’s been a lemon since the day I bought it. I have had all services, recalls done by a certified dealership. I always cleaned my Wildcat Sport after every ride.
It’s not always the owner/ operator fault.

Bought 2017 Wildcat Sport new from Lebanon, ME. A month later after just being serviced at that dealership the machine caught fire while sitting on the trailer we had just brought it back from the dealership. Two fire extinguishers later the fire is out and we managed to save our garage and other vehicles. It was a faulty winch solenoid. Next ride engine starts overheating and spewing antifreeze. We managed to save the machine again, another trip to dealership. This time it was also found to be taking on water through a faulty box by clutch and belt, though unable to determine why it was overheating. Next ride at least 6 inch hole melting in the firewall between the two seats. Back to the dealership to set there for over 6 months while Arctic Cat determines how to fix the issue ( Arctic Cat orders cease all sales and use of 2014 to 2018 Wildcat Sports as they determine health hazard to drive them). Machine is repaired next ride it’s overheating again! Back to dealership and is fixed. Next ride out oil sending pump malfunctions. We hear a rattle and immediately shut machine down. Hauled back to truck and into dealership. Motor, crank, ruined. Arctic Cat/ Textron will not return my calls. Dealership refuses to go to bat for me. $7K for new motor.
As you see I have saved this machine more than once. I have contacted my local Attorney General. Arctic Cat / Textron was not returning their call. Local dealership still refuses to help me with Arctic Cat/Textron. Several years spent on this Lemon. Grrr I spent many hours being frustrated with lack of support from several people and the feeling of being treated inferior because I am a female that doesn’t know the proper maintenance when in fact I likely was one that did more maintenance and cleaning of my machine than most other riders.

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to hear they’re doing something for you. The xx will be a WAY better machine for you. The 3k you spent on parts is a bummer but you’re getting a machine that would cost 1/2 again as much as you paid for that sport. I loved the sports and trails that we had but the xx machines are leaps and bounds ahead . Hand them the keys to the old and let’s see pictures of the new machine.

Reactions: toyman
#3 ·
thats the way to go like Sak Kitty said hand the key and take the xx. you will be glad you did

Reactions: Sak kitty
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.