Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the jri shocks and springs and was wondering if the elka stage 3 would be a good upgrade or is it worth the cost. Ride mostly trails.

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Never been a fan of Elkas. They usually leak, and you need to send them back a couple of times for revalving. Best thing for the X IMO is Fox RC2 shocks. They used to be plentiful and cheap. Neither is true anymore. You can still find them if you look hard enough, head and shoulders better than Elkas, even their Stage 5s.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
My Elka Stage 5s had 4800 miles on them when I traded our '15 X Ltd in. When we got the 'cat, one of the shocks had zero nitrogen pressure. I have the equipment and set the pressure, but with Hollywood's warnings, I expected that shock to be dead again in short order. Apparently it just needed exercise. None of the shocks ever leaked oil and nitrogen pressure would hold steady over the riding season (I set it each spring). I did not get deep into tuning them, but I did adjust for whatever style of riding we were doing. I liked 'em, but I didn't have anything else to compare them to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts