Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 wildcat sport limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arctic cat is chargi g me 120.00 bucks for a thermostat. Does anyone know of an after market T stat? That's just wrong. I'll sell my sxs and change brands if that's the case.

·
Administrator
27,969 Posts
Welcome Desi. Kind of a hard stance, isn't it? If you're complaining about that, my advice would be to get out now before you really start spending money! Can that price include the border tax that Canadians deal with?

Try these places, MLS, Country Cat, or Rocky Mountain ATV. Once again, there might be a border tax added on. I'm not sure. Good luck.

Reactions: NDHotbodies and SJs

·
Registered
2018 wildcat sport limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I get frustrated when I think I'm being ripped off. I actually like my wildcat. I'm wondering if I will do any harm running it without a thermostat? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
That does seem excessive, but like Hollywood said, it may be border fees or some kind of crazy tax they're charging. With that said, I would never run a vehicle of any kind with out a thermostat. It will definitely cause drivability problems, because your engine won't be operating at the proper temperature, plus you will get hot spots in the system because the thermostat acts like a metered restriction to allow the coolant to flow through the entire cooling system evenly.

·
Administrator
27,969 Posts
Yea, I get frustrated when I think I'm being ripped off. I actually like my wildcat. I'm wondering if I will do any harm running it without a thermostat? Thoughts?
I wouldn't run without one. Try the companies I suggested. Also you have to remember in these times, EVERYTHING has gone up in price. Unfortunately there's no getting around it. What cost say $25, 3 years ago, now probably costs $60, if not more. Manufacturers are paying more for material, then have to charge more to us.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I looked it up in CDN parts & yes A/C wants $115.95 for a thermostat!!!!
I would take it in to an auto supply store, lots of smaller cars use little thermostats like that & they all operate at about same temps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts