Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hope all is well! Finally picked up my wildcat yesterday and I have to be honest ! The rpms are different that's for sure ! It's kind of like a dirtbike with power band lol! Everything seems to be awesome just going to get some used to with the motor, I assume shes meant to wind out like a snowmobile lol...any ways first side x side never have owned anything let alone a wildcat! Do these usually have some odd clunks ect when going into gear? And my toe on front wheels is terrible !

·
Registered
38 Posts
The stock clutching is a little clunky like a snowmobile. On my 2018 WC X LTD, putting it into L gear takes a little extra “push”.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response! I'm having a blast in my 18 wc x limited aswell, I'm still breaking her in ! Only debate I'm having is the burning of belts! Dealer says keep in high 98 percent of the time whether going slow or fast And only use low gear when hill climbing or mud, while on the other side reading around here and there seems like alot ride low gear only if going under 20mph to save the belt! I ride with my wife and kids usually cruise the trails 10 to 20mph then some straights ect...wtf do I do so I dont kill my belt? Cruising slow trails are you in low or high?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use 2WD and high range on flat wide roads and higher speeds. On a winding trail with boulders, logs, etc. I use 4WD and low range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Straight from the dealer my 2018 alignment was a mess. One wheel was toe out big time but the other was almost straight. The steering wheel was also waaaaay off. I spent a couple of hours and fixed the alignment and removed the steering wheel and put in on straight. The dealer is supposed to do all that when they prep them to sell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude I have the same issue! Noticed last night the toe is absolutely ridiculous ! Aswell as my steering wheel is off to , its unfortunate but hopefully I can take a little from both sides to bring them in..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts