Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone hope all is well ! My 18 wcx limited 1000 has 35 miles on it , I've only had it to 30 mph seems like the rpms are around 4500 maybe shy or just above...is this normal? Is there a 2nd gear or it's all continuous? If that's the case it must literally scream at 70mph ! Not sure what to think here

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Team Industries made a nice video to explain how a CVT works:

4500 / 30 mph sounds about right for high gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team Industries made a nice video to explain how a CVT works:

4500 / 30 mph sounds about right for high gear.
Great video I appreciate the extra information! I have a really good idea on the CVT I just here so many good and bad ....my buddy has a 4 seater yamaha and can cruise at 40mph for miles and miles no issues, am I going to be able to do the same without the belt blowing up? Or do I have to stop every little bit and let the machine cool down!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
...this things are way better then most said....

i ride both with my atv and wildcat daily tours up to around 300kms up to 8 hours ad day- i drive miles with around 5500 to 6500 rpms-about 80-90kmph(max is 7300 around)- ok sometimes i miss like a 3rd gear...but ive learned to live with that speed...

i did a trip to italy and back 2000kms- we have now 6000kms with the FIRST belt-

i dont do crazy things- no heavy mud- we dont have deep sand- not much FULL throttle-just simple nice long trips on streets and trails...

of course let it cool down from time to time- goin slower or when stop longer put it in N to let hot air out-

on both rides modified/shortened the CVT exhaust that hot air can get out-

use 10-50/60 oil for summer - all good- love my arctic cats!!

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
sure do miss riding...haven't been in our rig since august 2019...locked down in florida afraid to go anywhere with this damn virus...heat index here is 3 figures the past week or so...god forsaken state!...

Reactions: izom

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
doin’ okay, had a heat index number of 109* a couple of days ago...just wishing we were in the high country...rather be sequestered at our place in colorado this time of the year...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Dean, when will the Doc let you travel?

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
Deans using Doc and covid as an excuss, but really its that ankle bracelet he has that's stopping him..haha
you are bad bad bad kevin!...haaaaa...

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
Dean, when will the Doc let you travel?
i'm not being kept here by any particular doc...however, i don't want to go back for a short time only to have to return the end of this month for a c.t. scan and any subsequent procedures if needed...heart is fine but something else has reared its head...might be something minor or major but i'm a glass is half empty guy...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
...afraid!? can get you anywhere!? here people do most things again- since end of may- BUT - i fear it wil raise again over summer- like i heard in the US?! but what will you do? and most ridin i dont need much contact with other people....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts