Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I've been coming up on lots of threads, posts, articles on clutch upgrades? Can someone lead me on which clutch upgrades I should be looking into? Or maybe in should leave it alone? Seems to be fine but maybe upgraded clutch system will be more beneficial!..all light riding trails no sand no dunes! Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
For how you use it ("all light riding trails"), leave the clutches alone unless you put something like 32" tires on it.

IMHO, the clutch kits are more for people that want to wring every last bit of performance from their machine, or are making more power than stock and need to tune the clutch to match.

·
Registered
82 Posts
These things are just like motocross bikes, you can throw thousands of dollars worth of upgrades at them but you really don't need most of it. Good tires, harnesses, winch and a spare tire along with a good full UHMW undercarriage skid plate have gotten me through a couple of years of driving the crap out of this thing. The trails around here are quite rugged, steep, and no shortage of mud. I tend to ride it like a 2 stroke motorcycle, momentum gets you up just about anything lol.

Where abouts in Canada are you?

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Not Canadian, but relatively close. We live in the NE corner of WA state.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I have a 14x. Went with dalton clutch kit and venom thingamabob (secondary). Wasn't that great. Went back to stock. It runs sand, trails, mountains, etc. I wasted a lot of time and money on that experiment!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These things are just like motocross bikes, you can throw thousands of dollars worth of upgrades at them but you really don't need most of it. Good tires, harnesses, winch and a spare tire along with a good full UHMW undercarriage skid plate have gotten me through a couple of years of driving the crap out of this thing. The trails around here are quite rugged, steep, and no shortage of mud. I tend to ride it like a 2 stroke motorcycle, momentum gets you up just about anything lol.

Where abouts in Canada are you?

Sean
Hey Sean hope all is well! I'm located in ontario canada! Theres alot can be done to these machines and as a new rider it can be overwhelming! My 2018 wcx limited has way more everything then I really need around these trails, if I could hit 80 to 100kph I would be lucky so no need for anymore power, seems to be great in low 4wd except she dont like 2 foot mud holes lol..take care bud

1 - 6 of 6 Posts