Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New to the forum. My Wildcat xx has a hesitation above 40 mph. The rpms drop 1000 to 1800 rpms when it hesitates. "Rpm limit" scrolls across dash at times when this happens. I have had it at a dealer for a month and they can't seem to find the problem. They have tested sensors and everything tests normal according to Cat. The machine has 350 miles on it. Has anyone else ever experienced this? If so, how was it resolved? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a specific spot in the harness that is being damaged? I'm going to look it over but was hoping for a place to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shop replaced the entire wiring harness under warranty. Therefore I cant say what was specifically faulty in the old one. All I can say is my machine runs like new now and has had no other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shop replaced the entire wiring harness under warranty. Therefore I cant say what was specifically faulty in the old one. All I can say is my machine runs like new now and has had no other issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bagfry,I contacted my shop to ask about the harness.They replaced entire harness as a last option.Just turned out to be the fix.Didnt give specific spot on the harness that was faulty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK thank you I'll start with the plugs connections and work my way into it from there. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is a Tracker 1000 2020 and it just started having the same sort of hesitation you are describing. I also seem to get a loud chirp from the fuel pump when I turn the key on and there isn't pressure. It has been running fine for just over a month. Took it in a really slow parade for a couple of miles in low range. It did get pretty hot and wasn't happy with all the stop and go but never overheated per se. This is when it started though. Runs pretty hard on bottom then bogs at about 35mph, drops RPM's to 6200, blubbers a bit then takes off again up to 8900 for a while and never really bogs per se but at about 50 - 55, it seems to plateau a bit on the pull. Could this be some weird fuel pump issue or can a smoked belt do this? Fouled plug? I'm new to these types of clutches.

Thanks

Nic

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
A belt won't do that. I would dig into the fuel pump. It is easy to get to, right under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Even better. I tried wiggling all of my connections and just running through stuff. I recently installed a street legal kit. It has been fine for weeks but I just hooked up the back turn signals separately from the tail lights. I didn't want to splice stuff.

I started it up and it ran ok. Revved it up a few times, came back to idle and started chugging. Now it doesn't start at all and I get this code.

P0630 VIN Not Programmed or Incompatible Verify that the LCD gauge and ECM part numbers are correct for the vehicle model number and VIN. Correct condition*

If that isn't meaningless...

Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well folks... That was quick. Remember how I kept thinking fuel pump at first? Turns out that is exactly the issue... sort of. I guess Tracker has seen fuel pump sending units get bound up and register there being fuel in the tank when there really isn't... Pretty crazy. Mine showed 3/4 tank and I didn't think it had been filled up that long ago. It crossed my mind for a minute to actually check inside the tank but I obviously didn't. Live and learn.... Woo Hoo! Got my Tracker back!

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
glad you found the problem...i hardly ever look at the gas gauge except after a long ride...just got in the habit with all our offroad vehicles to fill-up the tank immediately after a ride...think i only forgot 1 time in the past 15 years...just don't ask me what i had for lunch today!...haaaaa...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya. I'm feeling a little sheepish. Of course the fuel pump started making weird whistling noises. It was sucking air. Lol. I probably would have gotten it if a code hadn't flashed while I was cranking and got me off track. Live and learn!

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
It is all there, just 4 posts up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts