Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1254 Posts

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DON'T KNOW IF IT TRUTH UNTIL l SEE IT BUT l HAVE HEARD FROM A FEW RELIABLE SOURCES THAT THE NEW 2017 "WILDCAT XX" IS COMING OUT NEXT FALL WITH THE NEW ROBBY GORDON SUSPENSION ON IT WITH THE KING SHOCKS AND THE BIG NEWS IS IT WILL HAVE THE YAMAHA 3 CYCLINDER MOTOR IN IT. PUSHING AWHOLE LOT MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THE YXZ IS. HOPING IT WILL ALREADY HAVE THE TURBO ON IT LIKE EVERYONE IS ALL READY TALKING ABOUT. GETTING RID OF THE H2 MOTOR AND TRANS. CAN'T WAIT TIL THE 2017 MODELS. ARCTIC CAT IS STILL IN THE GAME. JUST A LITTLE SLOWER ON GETTING EVERYTHING TOGETHER. HOPE THEY HAVE THE 4 SEATER BLACK XX LIMITED. I WILL BE THE FIRST WITH MY DEPOSIT. LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just cant see yamaha supplying a motor for a competitor.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yamaha and Cat have a good thing going on the sled side sharing the Vector/Nytro/Viper motor with the Cat chassis. I think it makes total sense and hope that is what happens. I also hope that Cat steps up and includes the drivetrain that will hold up to a Yamaha powerplant. Ooof this could be exciting!

Of course I would be REALLY happy if they would run Yamaha snowmbile clutches...bigger clutches...longer belts and the $65 belt lasts a long time with boost at well over 200hp.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
they already share. so I think it will be great.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't know why they are focusing on suspension and frame when they already have the best setup cats problem is engine drivetrain and electrical just don't understand why they don't start on the problem first I sure hope that ac uses somone else's engine and drive trains I think they'd have a real winner then let's hope yammy will be on board

·
Registered
174 Posts
Talked to my dealer today as well. Standing by a Yamaha and he said new cat will have the same engine with a turbo. Robbie Gordon suspension and the turbo was going to be pushing 180 ponies. Didn't know what trans. Said coming in Feb.

hopefully it's true.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
According all the other speculation threads the people that claim to know something say it WILL NOT be Yamaha power

We'll see! It's exciting times!

The YXZ motor with a CVT would be amazing IMO

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
It will be nice to see another new machine from Arctic Cat. Hope they hit another home run with this one.

·
Administrator
27,658 Posts
Reactions: MetalMulisha

·
Administrator
27,658 Posts
According all the other speculation threads the people that claim to know something say it WILL NOT be Yamaha power

We'll see! It's exciting times!

The YXZ motor with a CVT would be amazing IMO
:couch:

·
Administrator
27,658 Posts
Can't you at least get a new couch,I'm kinda tired of blue. :joke:
I can only work with what we have, LOL!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Put me in the camp who's also skeptical about the yamaha engine.

What's in it for Yamaha ? They don't need anything from AC, thus there's no partnership.

1 - 20 of 1254 Posts