Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a bone stock 2018 wildcat XX, started throwing the code P0107, dealership told me that it was a code low voltage at MAP sensor and to not worry, JUST SEND IT!! Now, I’m ignorant when it comes to these machines, but if anyone has any tips or suggestions about clearing the code and solving the issue completely, I’d highly appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Without looking up the code to verify that it is what the dealer says, I would un-plug, clean the connection, plug and un-plug a half-dozen times just to scrape any remaining corrosion off of the connector pins, apply dielectric grease to the connector seal (not down in the area of the pins) and see if the code comes back. If it does, I would be a bit concerned and would identify the wire that supplies 5v to the sensor and put a meter on it. CountryCat has wiring diagrams to help with that, and AC identifies what each wire does on the diagram. If you have trouble with that, let me know and I'll dig the info up for you (we are travelling and my big-format printout of the wiring diagram is at home).

MAP sensor voltage goes up with air density. If the MAP sensor starts with 4.8v instead of 5 (just to make up numbers), I'm fairly certain the MAP signal will be low compared to what is actually entering the engine when the machine is running in closed loop. On a X, that meant idling and low to moderate acceleration up to about 35 mph, so a person could run lean a great deal of the time. I certainly saw that when I installed the MCX map sensor converter and it dropped the MAP output voltage on my X. It ran like crap unless I was accelerating hard or was running faster than most trails allow.

I don't know when an XX goes open loop, but "sending it" would probably cause it to run open loop. In that case, the ECM would fuel the engine based on the fuel table without correcting for what the MAP signal says. In that very precise set of circumstances, I guess "sending it" isn't terrible advice.

Reactions: Johnthunt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts