Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the XX out of storage and getting it ready for Dunefest next week and it started up fine, took it for a run up the grass hill behind my house and the engine stopped. No trouble codes, cranks just fine, its getting fuel, I pulled the #3 plug and the clean looking plugs were not giving spark. I don't see any blown fuses.

Where should I look first?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am no expert, (experts feel free to correct me) Since you went up a hill???.
I think these should throw a code but. The oil pressure switch (check to make sure you have oil, but closed is low pressure so unplugging it (at your risk) should rule it out), I had a machine that would trip out if I was 1/2 qt low... I also read about a tilt sensor that is trouble sometimes. Tilt sensor .3 -1.5V is normal 3-7v tilt..

Below is things that may not throw a code. (someone chime in here to let me know if I'm wrong)
I just looked over the diagram.,
I would check these.
Connections to the crank position sensor or bad sensor.
and if it didn't start in the first place I would check this stuff.
Regulator/recifier
Corroded or bad ignition switch contacts. (Do you have power getting to the 10Amp ignition fuse? Both sides? No offense I have seen guys look at a fuse that looks good that doesn't Ohm out as good) Sticky/bad relay? (30A SW acc relay A) looks like it gets the power to the ECM. org/gry ,but it was running

Hopefully not your ECM.
Diagram I used is here.
Good luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Unplugging the oil pressure sensor did nothing, Can't check level since it won't start but changing that tomorrow when the kit gets here.

The hill is very gradual not steep or abrupt.

The CPS is at 529ohms and the manual calls for around 200ohm. I'm assuming this is my problem? Would this cause a no start condition?

Cannot find the part # for the CPS either...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dads had a similar reaction. The battery was dead from storage. We jumped it from a truck and it would turn over like normal but not start. Finally got it started and it would die a minute later. Start again and run a little longer. Battery was bad and when replaced problem went away. Weak battery will spin engine fine, even have bright headlights. I think the fuel injection or ECM needs a full charge or good battery. We will be at dune fest. Good luck and say hi if you see us.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts