Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2019 Black Hills Meet will be held in Piedmont SD on June 20th thru the 23rd. Please contact Jim Stearns at the Sacora Station Campground at 1-605-787-9797. When you call, tell him that you are coming for the Wildcat Weekend, because he will give you a discount for RV parking and the cabins he has available. With the discount, an RV site will be $30 a night with full hook-ups. The sites have water and sewer hook-ups, along with 30/50 amp service at each site. The Sacora Station campground has sleeping cabins, with discount, for $35 a night, but they are just basically a bed and he has 15 of those available. You would have to use their shower house and bathrooms. The Covered Wagon, which is owned by Jeremy Larson, is across the street (Sturgis Road) from the Sacora Station Campground. When you call, 605-787-4440, tell him you are coming for the Wildcat Weekend. At the Covered Wagon, they have deluxe cabins with full amenities. I don't know what they are charging per night. I've called a couple times and he won't return my calls. They only have up to 7 of those available, because they rent most of those out by the month. There is a Ramada hotel just up Sturgis Road heading back towards Rapid City, that is close by and you could park your truck and trailer and ride your machine from there to the campground to meet up for rides. If enough of you would be using the hotel, I can call and see if they would also offer a discount for that weekend. If anyone has any questions, let me know here or send me a PM. Thomas is on the road a lot, so if you have a question for him, let me know and I'll reach him by phone when I can. I'll add info to this post if more comes available.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
glad i checked the forum while spending the night near the denver airport...just got done speaking with nancy and we have a deluxe cabin starting june 17th and leaving the 24th...thanks a bunch darcy for getting this thing rolling...we'll be right across the highway from your rv sites...is it june 2019 yet?!...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hey, Darcy - Let me add my Thanks as well. I just got off the phone with Nancy. Dannie and I have a full-hookups RV space reserved from the 19th through the 24th.

For those of you that are thinking "Gee, I might like to do this, but I can't commit just yet". Nancy is taking all of the info and putting it into a Wildcat Weekend file, blocking stuff out on the calendar, and will then contact us when we get closer for credit card info and the like.

If anyone else from the Pacific Northwest is thinking about attending and has the time to meander back, we are probably going to chart a return course through Canada. We may try to work another visit to Lovell, WY and the Pryor Mountain wild horses. That was a very memorable stopover on our 2018 trip. I'm thinking we would do that on our way to the Black Hills. If anyone thinks they would like to join us, pm me and we'll see what we can work out.

Also, here is our "mark on the wall": 856 miles, one-way. I know it won't stand up as the most distant attendee, but we might be the early leader for awhile.

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
Hey, Darcy - Let me add my Thanks as well. I just got off the phone with Nancy. Dannie and I have a full-hookups RV space reserved from the 19th through the 24th.For those of you that are thinking "Gee, I might like to do this, but I can't commit just yet". Nancy is taking all of the info and putting it into a Wildcat Weekend file, blocking stuff out on the calendar, and will then contact us when we get closer for credit card info and the like.
If anyone else from the Pacific Northwest is thinking about attending and has the time to meander back, we are probably going to chart a return course through Canada. We may try to work another visit to Lovell, WY and the Pryor Mountain wild horses. That was a very memorable stopover on our 2018 trip. I'm thinking we would do that on our way to the Black Hills. If anyone thinks they would like to join us, pm me and we'll see what we can work out.Also, here is our "mark on the wall": 856 miles, one-way. I know it won't stand up as the most distant attendee, but we might be the early leader for awhile.
hey mark, got us beat by around 300+ miles...thinking maybe jim/mary/boonedog (1224 miles)...

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Yes, Thank you Darcy and Thomas for all the work.
Mary and I will be making reservations tomorrow for the Cabins 6/16-6/23

Dean, The distance was worth it, since the destination was oh so great.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You guys are more then welcome. I don't mind helping Thomas with keeping this annual meet going. Brenda and I have really enjoyed the time we've spent with everyone that comes out. I just wanted to make sure that we were able to continue this, because it definitely gives us something to look forward to each year. Thomas told me he will be able to get a race route map for the hikers that will be there, so we can easily avoid them when we ride that weekend. I mentioned to Thomas, that as far as a cook out or things like that, we can wait until it gets closer. He did tell me we could do our own poker run, which sounded like it would be fun, but I'll let him post the details for that when he gets a chance. Man this is going to be a long wait, but as was mentioned, it will be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Finally made contact with Nancy last night, she took my name and phone number and said she would call closer to the date for details. No dates or credit card taken, hope this works out. Terri and I are planning on arriving at Sacoro Sat 6-15 and departing for home Sun 6-23 supposed to have RV spot next to Darcy and Brenda. Looking forward to seeing everyone

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Finally made contact with Nancy last night, she took my name and phone number and said she would call closer to the date for details. No dates or credit card taken, hope this works out. Terri and I are planning on arriving at Sacoro Sat 6-15 and departing for home Sun 6-23 supposed to have RV spot next to Darcy and Brenda. Looking forward to seeing everyone
Dean, I thought you were on vacation, you need to get a hobby. Enjoy the trip

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Cabin reserved 6/16-6/23

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
Dean, I thought you were on vacation, you need to get a hobby. Enjoy the trip
bringing my extended family (forum folks) along on this trip to...getting ready to step out for din din...hotel captain cook is a nice place to stay in anchorage...

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dean, I look forward to seeing your thread on your trip. I know your going to see some beautiful country up there. Enjoy your trip and your anniversary. What you Billie Jean have achieved over all these years, are what I strive to do with Brenda. I'm over half way there, but still a ways to go to catch you. lol Thing is, I'm in no hurry to get there, I just want to enjoy the ride, because I was lucky enough to find that special someone to share my life with (like you did) and I don't want it to end. Next thing I'm looking forward to are grandkids. That's going to be an exciting time. Be safe and have a great time, also take lots of pictures!!!

·
Premium Member
7,355 Posts
hey darcy...not expecting to post a lot here as we are doing so many things in this 2 week adventure...but will chime in periodically...yup, enjoy the journey as it goes by in a flash...headin' to portage glacier south of anchorage today...

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is one more thing that was brought to my attention when we were out there this year. When Jim, Kevin, Joe and I were talking the last day, Jim mentioned that he thought the rides were very disorganized and wish we had a better way to coordinate them so no one was left out that wanted to go (sorry again Dean). One idea I came up with, was if everyone was ok with giving me their cell phone numbers (no I'm not a stalker and I won't call you unless you want me to, lol) I would get with Thomas and find out what time he wanted to leave on our rides and then send out a group text to inform everyone when and where the ride was starting. I'm open to any other ideas, that was just one way I thought of to make sure everyone was on the same page. I'm sure there are some people who want to do their own thing and that's great too. This is just one concern I wanted to address to make next year that much better. If there are other concerns I'm not aware of, please post them and I will get on it. I'm hoping the cabins at Sacora Station/Covered Wagon are better then Nemo. I would imagine if there not falling apart and are clean and neat, they should be ok. Now just a reminder, the sleeping cabins are just that, a bed with no shower or toilets in the room. So I would consider that a hard sided tent, but if you don't mind using a shower house and toilets, it should be fine. I'll see if Thomas could possibly stop in there and check one out and report what is in one.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Darcy
They have the deluxe cabins as well.
Which mean they have a Throne Room in them. They are running $100.00 a night and they only have a few of them.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Darcy
They have the deluxe cabins as well.
Which mean they have a Throne Room in them. They are running $100.00 a night and they only have a few of them.
Yep, I mentioned that in the opening post, but thank you for the reminder.:)

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've started getting some PM's with great ideas for next year. One thing that was brought to my attention, that unfortunately I hadn't considered, was the group from Wildcat Riders over on Facebook. I don't have a Facebook account, so if someone on here has a Facebook account or better yet, is a member of their group, would it be possible for you to forward/pass on the information that is posted here. Especially the contact name and number, also info on the location and RV/cabin pricing and availability. You can shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to do that, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure many of them also had a great time this year. I believe Kevin gave them all the info for this year. Keep all the ideas coming, together we'll make next year GREAT!!

1 - 20 of 272 Posts