Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post for me.
Long time sxs owner (6 Polaris rzr's since 2011) . I just purchased a 2022 XX and the water pump seal went with 5.5 hours on it, it probably never seated from the factory 🤷‍♂️

Anyway.. my brother has a 2018 with a 2019 engine, every other time we go riding it fouls the spark plugs. We change them and it's good for a couple rides. Any ideas what it's causing this. I personally think MAP sensor, but he argues and here I am, lol..
Is this a common issue with the XX or anything?

·
Registered
665 Posts
As far as I know, this is not a common issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Things that can foul a spark plug are: burning oil; excessive fuel consumption; excessive idling, or incorrect spark plugs which are too cold. Does he have exactly the same spark plugs as you? He might want to try plugs that are 1 heat range hotter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Things that can foul a spark plug are: burning oil; excessive fuel consumption; excessive idling, or incorrect spark plugs which are too cold. Does he have exactly the same spark plugs as you? He might want to try plugs that are 1 heat range hotter.
What plug do you recommend using??
I think NGK CR9EB is factory

·
Registered
19 Posts
Describe what you mean by fouling plugs. For my case I often have a misfire/dead cylinder for about 5 min after it's been sitting for a couple weeks and the battery is weak but will start engine. Cranking volts is 9.5. This causes one cylinder to go dead until engine gets heat / charge battery and you restart engine. Then the coil will start firing normally again.

I've changed plugs and always thought it was a bad coil but it always "fixed" it self while swapping coils and plugs to find the offender.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts