Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2020 Black Hills Meet will be held in Piedmont, SD on June 18th thru the 21st. Please contact Natalie or Toni at the Elk Creek Lodge & Resort at 1-800-846-2267 or 1-605-787-4884 if your local. When you call, tell them your with the Wildcat group to get a 10% discount off their summer rate pricing. Natalie told me we would need at least 10 people to get the 10% discount, so that shouldn't be a problem. They also offer that same 10% discount for Military veterans, AAA, AARP, Good Sam and a few others, so either way you'll be able to get 10% off. I recommend going to their website http://www.elkcreekresort.net/ and then go to their 'rates' page and click on the 'summer brochure' link to determine what you want/need for your stay. All the information you'll need is on that page. Natalie told me the RVer's should all be in the same area, but the cabins I believe she said are a short distance away, but you can just drive your SXS or vehicle to meet for any get togethers. As long as you're properly licensed/registered in your home state and have your trail pass, you'll have no problem crossing over the interstate to get to the gas station and other amenities that we utilized last year when we were at Sacora Campground. I will make changes to this post if any new information becomes available. If you have any questions, you can post it here or shoot me a PM. Natalie also said to feel free to call them with any questions. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year!!

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
thanks for all your hard work darcy...lookin' forward to next year's meet...

Reactions: dspete05

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
just making sure on the dates darcy...it's the week before father's day next year for the first time?...

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will fall on Fathers Day weekend. Fathers Day is Sunday the 21st. So I guess technically, it's the week before?

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
okay...spent the last half hour speaking with "toni" (female)...here is a little skinny on what they have...evidently a family reunion is also taking place from june 20th thru 23rd...
2 - motel type rooms (sleeps 4) in triple/quad configurations at $80 to $100 per night (weekday/weekend day rates)...we have one of those...
1 - small cabin w/kitchenet (sleeps 5) $100 - $150 per night as above
1 - deluxe cabin w/kitchenet (sleeps 8) $160 - $200 per night as above
4 - dry cabins (use central facilities) (sleeps 6 to 8) $75 - $100 per night as above
2 - log cabins (sleeps 6) $200 - $250 per night as above
20 - total RV sites w/Electric/water & full hook-ups, $30 for electric/water and $45 for full hook-ups...they have a pump truck (w/fee) for those needing full hook-ups but only have elect/water sites...

would suggest everyone call sooner than later...rates are approx. as they are the 2019 rates and not sure if going up or not for 2020...i rounded up all the rates to the next dollar...

hope this help with making plans...the larger cabins have multiple bedrooms/sleeping facilities so maybe couples/families can stay together...

that's all folks...

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Dean, did you mean $30 for electric/water and 35 for full hook ups?

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Dean, did you mean $30 for electric/water and 35 for full hook ups?
toni said $30 for electric/water only site and $45 for electric/water/sewage site...at least that is what i heard and wrote down as we chatted...but then again i'm old and maybe messed it up...but i don't think so mark...

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I got a call back today and the price I was quoted was $35 a night for full hookup with 30amp electric and then a 10% discount off that. Verlla & I will be arriving on June 16th and leaving on the 21st so they told me my bill would be $166 something with the taxes.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
2020 brochure is now posted online at their website...shows full hook-ups at $35 and up...

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Dannie and I will be arriving on June 16th and departing on June 22nd. Just spoke to Toni and was quoted a rate of $40/night for full hookup (less 10%). Rate was based on 35 ft. rv. She'll send us an email confirmation. Looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
is it june 2020 yet?!...

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Just got off the phone with Natalie and made reservations, arriving sat 6/13 depart sun 6/22 spot number 22 next to Darcy and Brenda (lucky them), looking forward to seeing everyone

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Reservations have been made. Arriving on the 14th leaving on the 22th.
Cabin with a kitchen.
Mary and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Side note: Toni is very pleasant to work with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It was great meeting with the "clowder" last year! I don't plan on moving so I'll get it on my calendar. I live about 40 minutes away from Piedmont so if I can assist anyone, let me know!

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reservations have been made. Arriving on the 14th leaving on the 22th.
Cabin with a kitchen.
Mary and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Side note: Toni is very pleasant to work with.
Hey Jim, I imagine these cabins won't have any late night, four legged visitors for you to deal with. LOL!! Looking forward to seeing you and Mary next year!!

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Darcy
Well Mary and I decided to splurge and upgrade to a cabin instead of a Tool Shed this year so hopefully that will be a lot better.
Also Toni told me if we have any problems with are neighbors fighting or anything. They will kick Dean and BJ out..( just kidding)
We can't wait to see everyone and get back up in that beautiful country.

Also I will post the 2020 Meet on FB since I have had 1 person already message me about it.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Hey Jim, I imagine these cabins won't have any late night, four legged visitors for you to deal with. LOL!! Looking forward to seeing you and Mary next year!!
it was the above or the kitchen unit...they couldn't afford both...nice to know bj and i have a place to go and fix din din for ourselves...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
We will be making our reservations today for June 16th thru the 22nd. My cat only has a 'Green Sticker" as required in California. Is there additional paperwork required to play in South Dakota? :confused: Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Dannie & I are planning to visit the wild horses at the Pryor Mountain Wild Mustang Center north of Lovell, WY on our way to the Black Hills clowder. If anyone wants to join us, the trails up to the top of the mountain are fun, and the horses are absolutely stunning.

We love the Horseshoe Bend campground and will probably stay there from June 12th thru the 15th, going up to see the horses on the 13th and 15th.

We will make the ~350 mile drive up and over the Bighorns to the Black Hills on the 16th. We saw moose from the highway in three different places when we made the trip in 2018.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts