Wildcat Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's because we have to hibernate for about 6 months a year so that time doesn't count against us. HAHA. I do know I don't have too many summers to waste so I wish we were back to normal, whatever that is. Take care of yourself and listen to your boss, I'm not referring to the Dr. either. Get well soon, not sure how long I can hold out to see everyone again. Everyone take care and be well. Mark and Terri

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Is there a place on the site to look at photos from previous year's rides. We have never been to the Black Hills with our SxS. We've been to Mt. Rushmore, Bad Lands, and several other touristy places in the area. Would like to see some pics of the trails if available. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I have been very slow to recognize Youtube as a source of information. Lots of videos to sort through. Maybe someone could identify some that cover the trails we will likely be riding?

Glad to hear that you guys are still coming, and we will see you in Lovell in less than a month! BTW, most people go up one route and down another to see the wild horses. The round trip is over 50 miles, and gains 4,000 ft, some of it over and over and over. I will have extra gas at the campground, but arriving with a full tank is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
yes, we are still planning on seeing you guys in Lovell. I must say though, we are a little stressed about all the trail/road closures in the NFS in all states. The black hills has it's own rather extensive 'closed' list.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I’m being told all the trails will be open on the 15th. Sounds like they’ve been getting hit with snow lately. We’ll be down there next weekend. Should have some pics.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Thanks, I'm also going to take Marks's advice and cruise around YouTube for pics of past rides.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
After I posted that, I remembered that there were plenty of pics posted to the threads after the weekend back in '18. Probably '19 as well.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Hi Gate Crasher. I have a link here from last years ride. You should be able to find some pictures near the end of the thread or thereabouts. I don't believe there's any video, but there was some nice pictures, plus you'll get to see what some of us crazy people look like. LOL!! Glad to hear your still coming out, looking forward to meeting you guys!!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Less than a month to go, arrive at Elk Creek on 6-13 hope to see everyone soon. PS are you still sandbagging in Fla. Dean? Darcy do you think we scared him off?

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Less than a month to go, arrive at Elk Creek on 6-13 hope to see everyone soon. PS are you still sandbagging in Fla. Dean? Darcy do you think we scared him off?
we already have our first storm, possibly named Arthur, forming in the keys as i type this...supposedly to keep going northeast away from us mark...you guys/gals have a great time and be safe out there...i'll be having my first post op fasting blood draw when you all are having fun in the hills...the a-fib seems to becoming less of a distraction...keeping fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
if decent internet is available at elk creek we'd love to see daily pics posted to this thread of all the gang...

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Have to see what we can do, maybe someone smarter than me will know how to do that, I've got your phone no so I can text some, have to see if I can make tablet work

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Hey Dean, Brenda and I will miss you two again. Hope everything goes well for you and we'll keep you in our thoughts. Hope to see you guys next year, you will definitely be missed. With all this craziness going on, I'm just glad we can all get together for this years rally.

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
you guys will have to take a pic of thomas sipping his beverage of choice/s/ through a straw with his surgical face mask on over his beard...hey darcy, have a "jack" for me...

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Oh, I'll have more then one Dean!!! But I'll raise a glass to you with one of them.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Darcy, quit posting to this thread! Every time I see that you have added a post, I fear you are telling us the state has closed everything!

(Okay, please don't stop posting, but my anxiety is real.)

We will be leaving in less than 4 weeks. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Oh, I'll have more then one Dean!!! But I'll raise a glass to you with one of them.
do it sooner than later as you might forget about your promise...haaaa...thinking i could have used some in the recent i.v.'s i had...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been very slow to recognize Youtube as a source of information. Lots of videos to sort through. Maybe someone could identify some that cover the trails we will likely be riding?

Glad to hear that you guys are still coming, and we will see you in Lovell in less than a month! BTW, most people go up one route and down another to see the wild horses. The round trip is over 50 miles, and gains 4,000 ft, some of it over and over and over. I will have extra gas at the campground, but arriving with a full tank is a good idea.
do it sooner than later as you might forget about your promise...haaaa...thinking i could have used some in the recent i.v.'s i had...
Darcy probably raised his glass to you this morning. He's from Wisconsin. That's what they have for breakfast there.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts