Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's another year. Nobody brought it up yet so here I am.

Last year was April 12-14 which was 2 weeks before Easter.
This year Easter is April 12 so if we are going to get together we should do it April 17-19 or 24-26.

Nobody can ever agree on Jawbone vs. Dove Springs so I had a thought that we should try something different. I had some friends camp at Goler Heights off of Garlock Rd recently and they said it was awesome. Close to all the areas that we actually want to go and not far off the pavement.
35.426272, -117.735859

Or maybe we can argue about Jawbone and Dove for a while haaha
Yes? No? Anybody still on here?
Let's get this going!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well it's another year. Nobody brought it up yet so here I am.

Last year was April 12-14 which was 2 weeks before Easter.
This year Easter is April 12 so if we are going to get together we should do it April 17-19 or 24-26.

Nobody can ever agree on Jawbone vs. Dove Springs so I had a thought that we should try something different. I had some friends camp at Goler Heights off of Garlock Rd recently and they said it was awesome. Close to all the areas that we actually want to go and not far off the pavement.
35.426272, -117.735859

Or maybe we can argue about Jawbone and Dove for a while haaha
Yes? No? Anybody still on here?
Let's get this going!
Wow, how weird!

Just text JBL yesterday about this very subject!

I’m in! What say the rest of you?? SS, Dunecrusher, Jello??

I vote for camping any where else OTHER than Dove Springs!

C-ya!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thanks for posting Derek! I've just been out of it for a while and now Im trying to fix a fuel problem that only happens when climbing steep dunes. I replaced some lines, gone through injectors tested fuel pump pressure etc, valve adjustment. Will be testing next weekend at Glamis and hope it works or hope I stuff it into a witches eye or roll it! I can not go 24th of April so lets do April 12 and I would like to try a new camping spot so Im good with that.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I heard SS is out of the SXS game but that could have changed. I think it will be a small group but Im cool with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Were in for whatever date & campground. But.... I think Joey just likes to go on Easter weekend, he's always pickin those weekends. Just funin ya Joey!
Jello

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting Derek! I've just been out of it for a while and now Im trying to fix a fuel problem that only happens when climbing steep dunes. I replaced some lines, gone through injectors tested fuel pump pressure etc, valve adjustment. Will be testing next weekend at Glamis and hope it works or hope I stuff it into a witches eye or roll it! I can not go 24th of April so lets do April 12 and I would like to try a new camping spot so Im good with that.

I can't do the 12th. Being Easter and the end of Spring Break I'll have family stuff to do. So that leaves April 17-19?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Sorry Im not paying attention to Easter as I should and cant go that weekend either! Can we all do April 17-19 then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have four wildcats in my group and we have a spot in Jawbone that we go to a lot. It’s around 100 yards off paved road, so easy access. I can go a couple of days early and save spots, it will hold up to 15-20 rigs. We are interested in going either weekend and I know a few good rides each around 90-100 miles of killer trails and some cool stuff to see. I have been going out there since 82 so I am always looking for new and fun trails. We all have car to car radios so everyone can be in on the conversation. Let me know a date 17-19 or 24-26 either one, and that will be my last trip of the season, Havasu house and boating next.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have four wildcats in my group and we have a spot in Jawbone that we go to a lot. It’s around 100 yards off paved road, so easy access. I can go a couple of days early and save spots, it will hold up to 15-20 rigs. We are interested in going either weekend and I know a few good rides each around 90-100 miles of killer trails and some cool stuff to see. I have been going out there since 82 so I am always looking for new and fun trails. We all have car to car radios so everyone can be in on the conversation. Let me know a date 17-19 or 24-26 either one, and that will be my last trip of the season, Havasu house and boating next.
It would be great to get some new Wildcat guys on this trip. Our group does Jawbone a lot. We've had a pretty good group that shows up for this Wildcat trip every year. A couple times at Dove Springs, a couple times at Jawbone. I want to try something different this time. We are going to Wagon Wheel this weekend and I will scout out the new spot. I think April 17-19 is going to be the Wildcat trip unless someone else chimes in.
Anyone?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow, how weird!

Just text JBL yesterday about this very subject!

I’m in! What say the rest of you?? SS, Dunecrusher, Jello??

I vote for camping any where else OTHER than Dove Springs!

C-ya!
I have to go so I can hear about the new ride so count me in.

·
Registered
602 Posts
April 17-19 is it!
I'm in!
Putting in for the days off now.
CRAWLR and I found a sweet, new Camp area! I'm sure he will fill in the details.

Hey JBL........

You even gonna have a car for this Trip?

C-Ya!!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Definitely no new car, possibly bring the cat if that runs. If not I'll bring my dirtbike.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Definitely no new car, possibly bring the cat if that runs. If not I'll bring my dirtbike.
The dirtbike it will be. LOL!

Missed you out in Glamis that last few trips. We have converted another in the group to a X3.

I may already be out camping off the 395 not too far from Randsburg the weekend you guys are planning.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
SS trust me, I wish my Cat would just run away already so I can get a new X3! I always camp with the key in the ignition but she doesnt want to leave the house!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
SS trust me, I wish my Cat would just run away already so I can get a new X3! I always camp with the key in the ignition but she doesnt want to leave the house!
Leaving the key in a Wildcat is like leaving the key in a Chevy Citation in the worst neighborhood. Nobody is going to take it. They might piss on it or do bad things in it, but it will be right where you left it. LOL!

Plus why does your cat want to leave when you keep taking her back no matter what she does to you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
CRAWLER that's a great spot on the old airstrip/dry lake bed

It's totally doable, but watch out for the 180deg turn circled. It will BITE you if your not paying attention.
The narrows and morman rock trails are epic in this area.

I'll do my best to join you all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We're down south now doing the Superstition mountains, Pirates cove, and some of the surrounding areas. We are planning to roll into Jawbone probably on Tuesday 14th. So...... if we can get a good set of instructions to the new place I would really only like to setup camp once! Sounds like a nice area. Service is spotty as usual in the desert, but I'll check back next good signal day.
Thanks
Jello

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We're down south now doing the Superstition mountains, Pirates cove, and some of the surrounding areas. We are planning to roll into Jawbone probably on Tuesday 14th. So...... if we can get a good set of instructions to the new place I would really only like to setup camp once! Sounds like a nice area. Service is spotty as usual in the desert, but I'll check back next good signal day.
Thanks
Jello
I'm sorry. I feel so bad for you, not having any obligation, any fulfillment that comes from a hard days work. I don't know what I would do if I had no place to be, no time to be there.....oh wait lol

You might be the first ones there. It should be easy to find if you can look at Google Earth ahead of time. There isn't much to see from the road but there is a BLM info board right off the road.

If you come up 395 it will be 4 miles down Garlock Rd on the right.
From the 14 it is about 16.5 miles up Garlock Rd on the left.

Check out the screenshot of the map from DuneTrack-N. Like he said, the right turn is too tight at the red circle. Go a little past the turn and there is a clearing where you can circle around and head down to the airstrip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Derick, keep working for that "Wish Sandwich". That is when you wish you had to live by your life by your fun calendar!.... We'll park in the red circle..... keep your nose to the grindstone, somebody has to pay for my retirement!..... see ya soon.
Jello

1 - 20 of 47 Posts