Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have almost 600 miles on my ‘20 XX now. All of my riding has been AZ desert trails, hills, and rocky razorbacks.
I started to notice the sound about 200 miles into it and didn’t figure it out until now. On light braking, the pads in all four calipers are causing a vibration that sounds like chirping tires on asphalt. At first I thought it might be coming from the belt drive, but have figured out how to recreate the chirp with the engine off and in neutral. It’s definitely coming from the pads.

The obvious questions are if you have experienced the same thing, and what did you do, if anything, to correct it?

Knock on wood, this is the only “issue” that I‘ve had to address.

Your feedback is always appreciated.

DGruper

·
Registered
578 Posts
Never had this issue, but we play in the mud a lot. Lucky to get 150 miles out of a set of pads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have almost 600 miles on my ‘20 XX now. All of my riding has been AZ desert trails, hills, and rocky razorbacks.
I started to notice the sound about 200 miles into it and didn’t figure it out until now. On light braking, the pads in all four calipers are causing a vibration that sounds like chirping tires on asphalt. At first I thought it might be coming from the belt drive, but have figured out how to recreate the chirp with the engine off and in neutral. It’s definitely coming from the pads.

The obvious questions are if you have experienced the same thing, and what did you do, if anything, to correct it?

DGruper
M

·
Registered
27 Posts

DGruper
My rear pads make a loud deep groan and squeal never heard that sound you describe but I have 4000 miles on xx

·
Registered
22 Posts

DGruper
I had the same problem and ended up using Permatex Disc brake quiet and I do this about every 600 miles , no more weird noises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts