Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had engine cradle bolts break off into the engine? All 4 of mine broke and engine dropped testing on cradle. This is the 3rd time I’ve known of this happening. Had machine 2 years so warranty is out yet it only has 840 miles on it. I feel as if this should not be happening at such low mileage! Dealers haven’t been much help and still waiting on a callback from arctic cat. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Probably not torqued properly. Movement caused failure. Buy grade 10.8 bolts and torque properly, probably never have another problem. Mine is solid mounted, but almost 4000 miles, 3000 of that racing, no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not torqued properly. Movement caused failure. Buy grade 10.8 bolts and torque properly, probably never have another problem. Mine is solid mounted, but almost 4000 miles, 3000 of that racing, no problem.
Surely that’s the route I’ll go. Just sucks with super low mileage having to deal with that failure. Pulling the motor and getting broken bolts out will be a job for sure. Thank you

·
Registered
126 Posts
It may not be as bad as you think. While I agree with you, I own a small independent motorcycle/ATV/UTV repair shop and you would believe what I see from ALL manufacturers. Even Honda, arguably the best and most finished manufacturer pulls something stupid like that once in a while on a new rig.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just thought I would ad to my last post. Whenever I buy a new or used toy, I take it back to the shop and tear it almost all the way down. I check EVERYTHING. I also change out all the factory fluids, make sure all adjustments are right, check the valves, headlight aiming, and put a torque wrench on everything. I have not found anything serious on any new rig I bought, but I have newish rigs come in from customers with a wide variety of oversights from all manufactures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts