Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mary and I were planning on going to the Blackhills for the June Blackhills Meet, but we haven't seen any plans or dates.
Are we still going as a group will we just have to plan a trip on our own?

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Dannie and I are fans of the Longmire TV show and books. The 10th anniversary "Longmire Days" will be held next year in Buffalo, WY and they want to make it a big deal since all of the in-person stuff was cancelled this year. They have not announced the dates, but the event is usually in mid-August. Our current plan is to do Longmire Days instead of the traditional June trip to the Black Hills, assuming we can snag camping reservations (Longmire Days is kind of a big deal for Buffalo).

Buffalo is a neat town and there appears to be some pretty good riding right in the area. Burgess Junction is ~80 miles west, up on top of the Bighorns. We rode a couple of days there on our way home from the Black Hills and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lovell is another 55 miles and the trails up to see the Pryor Mtn wild horses are fun and the horses are spectacular. Then Cooke City, MT is 120 miles further west. Lots of trails in that area up to about 11,000 ft elevation, and the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone NP is just a few miles west. Side-by-sides with DOT tires are allowed in the park, or were the last time I checked.

If August worked for Wildcats at Black Hills, it would be easy to string together an epic side-by-side vacation.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess going as a group from the forum is a dead issue.
shot down.gif

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Jim, I sure hope not, we like seeing the gang and Verlla & I look forward to the ride. I will have to get in touch with Craig so that we can run up and ride together some time.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Although Terri and I are not sure of our plans next year we sure hope to be able to attend, definitely look forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully this year was just an unusual one for everyone and all will be back to normal? next year. We will do all we can to keep this going. Everyone stay in touch and best of luck to all.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
I talked to Dave (dastew) a couple weekends ago and he was out in SD staying at and checking out different campgrounds. He told me once he had one picked out, he would post the information for us so we could get our reservations in. Dave has taken over the organizational duties from me because with my job, it was just to hard time wise to get things put together. So just be patient, he is working on it.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
thats a good location, they have plenty of room and also if needed by some, theres many places close by to rent a cabin or camp spot.. Steel Wheel is just around the corner for fuel and eats..

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
thats a good location, they have plenty of room and also if needed by some, theres many places close by to rent a cabin or camp spot.. Steel Wheel is just around the corner for fuel and eats..
when staying at recreational springs when our get togethers first started we always stopped at the steel wheel for what ndhotbodies mentioned above...they also have cabins, rv sites in case wild bill's facilities run out of space...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts