Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: izom and SuperATV

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.....along with the winch, bumpers, rock sliders, the upgraded cover/cooling system for the clutches, the new locking front differential and the 40% reduction to low gear.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
2018 Wildcat XX LTD on 30inch K02s
4 Posts
Id probably get the black hills over any 64 inch machine no matter what now, only thing that comes close is a pro xp because of the power, but power doesn't make a car work better on the trails. they really fixed all of the flaws and are confident enough to put 32s on stock NA 64" machine, sounds pretty perfect to me

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id probably get the black hills over any 64 inch machine no matter what now, only thing that comes close is a pro xp because of the power, but power doesn't make a car work better on the trails. they really fixed all of the flaws and are confident enough to put 32s on stock NA 64" machine, sounds pretty perfect to me
I agree. My biggest complaint has always been the clutches & low gear not being low enough. They've obviously addressed this. I'm curious what they updated on the front diff. Mine has issues engaging sometimes. Maybe they addressed that also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It sounds like all 2023 trims get the new Adapt CVT Clutch, the upgraded stronger transmission, and sounds like only the Black Hills gets the new improved CVT cover? Dumb! But I bet you could buy one and put on the other trims.

Maybe Arctic Cat will continue past 2023 with the XX? Due to them reducing production Qty’s, and with some legal settlements coming to a close in the next year, it was thought the XX could be dropped.

·
Vendor
211 Posts
I agree. My biggest complaint has always been the clutches & low gear not being low enough. They've obviously addressed this. I'm curious what they updated on the front diff. Mine has issues engaging sometimes. Maybe they addressed that also.
I'm betting its just geared different for quicker engagement. Doubt they would change much else. It would be like the Polaris HL models or TRE models that are geared lower, and have a quicker engagement in the diff. Maybe not, but that's what I'd guess.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Alan, Not going to happen, and not going to happen. Arctic Cat has been clear on that. This is the reason Speed UTV has come about. Maybe Arctic Cat should be thanked?

But if your looking for a 2 seat N/A sport machine the XX has got to be a top consideration.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Alan, Not going to happen, and not going to happen. Arctic Cat has been clear on that. This is the reason Speed UTV has come about. Maybe Arctic Cat should be thanked?

But if your looking for a 2 seat N/A sport machine the XX has got to be a top consideration.
I have a pretty modified 18, but a longer wheelbase would be a winner

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Diff and trans definitely look different externally so it’s is not just a lower ratio gear stuffed in the same trans. How much different???? Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts