Wildcat Forum banner

23' Wildcat XX Pro NA 1900 Build - Battle Born Offroad

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  izom 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For the last two years Ive been running a pretty basic Wildcat XX in the SNORE series and the Mint 400 with my shop Battle Born Offroad of Las Vegas. The car started as a 2019 model, we added the 77" SPEED suspension but the shocks remained the stock 2.5 FOX, stock clutch, stock motor, and the required safety equipment. We did okay with a podium the first race of 2022 but were plagued with many problems that cost us podiums. The most troubling was a clutch that would get stuck and limit our speed to about 55mph. This happened in 3 of the four SNORE races we competed in. Our final race of 2022 was the SNORE Midnight Special in July. Having started 10th of 11, we were up to 5th on road in the first 50 miles before we lost all power, thinking we had broken a belt as the engine would just rev out. My codriver Jake got out and noticed the entire transaxle was covered in oil, and we noticed the return line on the oil tank had popped off as the spare had hit it. That was the end of our race, but when we returned to the shop we saw just how bad the damage was. The spare had hit the oil tank, but not because it was loose. The entire back half of the chassis had pretty much broken off. This ended our season early, missing the last two races which dropped us from a solid 4th in points to a finishing position of 9th of 32. Not happy with the results, I decided to make the commitment to build a competitive car. I believe the XX is the best handling UTV you can purchase today and the best platform for a 1900 car, so I made the decision to build a new car from the ground up.

The fabrication and chassis is being built by Tim Sanders of 775Fabrication in Reno/Sparks, NV. He is extremely talented and knows the XX platform inside and out. The remainder of the car is being built by Battle Born Offroad in Las Vegas, NV. We are building it by the book, using the stock lower halo. This thread is to document the build and have a place for me to put all of our images and test data.

The 2019 car @ 2021 SNORE 250

775 FABRICATION
615 Spice Islands Dr
Unit #12
Sparks, NV 89431

Battle Born Offroad
4301 S Valley View Blvd
Unit #19
Las Vegas, NV 89103

Chas Moore
4301 S Valley View Blvd
Unit #19
Las Vegas, NV 89103

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.