Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told by a dealer that the ECU is programmed to limit HP output during the first 250 miles and this why guys with brand new units are reporting that the HP is low.

Apparently this is programmed as a break-in feature.

Anyone have info regarding this?

Exactly what is the ECU doing for the first 250 miles?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I kinda doubt that is the case. I have no proof that it isn't true, but I'd rather hear it from a more official source. A lot of these dealers really don't know much about these things.

I haven't hit 250 mi yet. I had enough power to shred a belt in 109 mi.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
have not heard of this but will contact a cat today on it to see if i can find out!!! highly unlikely but would be bitchin if true!!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I kwow Polaris does this on there new snowmobiles I think my brother said his 2012 sled is computer derated till it hit 350 miles do to break in

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
it could.... doesn't light weight make more HP???

·
Registered
42 Posts
The only thing I have herd as a dealer we are given 5 hrs of normal run time before its registured. If we go over 5 hours ecu limits power to 4500 rpm until registered where we are given a 6 digit pin code. With the code it allows normal use and gauge functions.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
No beuno!!!!!!!!!!

This subject depends on how you look at it . After about 250 miles, you may see more performance since the engine and chasis are getting looser and breaking in. "there is no limiter in the ecu" except if the unit is not registered and has more than 5 hours of running time. This is straight from arctic cat tech's so take it how you want but they stressed that there is not a limiter that goes away after 250 miles...... Sorry

·
Registered
195 Posts
i was told the same thing from a dealer, he didnt say at what mile but that they will get faster.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
My Cummins motor came alive and got better gas mileage at 80,000 miles too. But that wasn't built into the ecu either. Most things run much better after they fully break in.................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Not sure I can go with the whole 250 mile break in thing but my crank did go south somewhere just north of 250 miles lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts