Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 26-9-14 front and 26-11-14 rear Maxxis Ceros today.

They are almost exactly the same height as the Duros and weigh about 4lbs more each.

From what I've read, the Ceros is the same 6 ply radial carcass as the Bighorn with more of an all terrain tread and they are the same price. Everyone that had them over at the RZR forum really liked them so I thought I would try them.

Height of the Duro

Height of the Ceros

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good looking tires, let us know how they work. I wonder how well they will clean out if you're running in the mud.

Thanks

Dwight

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks good Crawlr.....Looks to me that the tread is to close to clean mud very easily, Dwight....just my thought.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is it safe to assume this will overcome the rim pinch issue on the stockers. I have put 200 miles on my Cat at Glamis with no issues. With that said, I run it 90% of the time in a rough rocky desert below Parker AZ. From what I have read, sound like everyone has pinched the tire on the rim in the desert or rocks with stockers? Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not as much wheel protection as I was hoping for but it's the same as the bighorn and I had great luck with them. My RZR had the Goodyear MTR's and I had to plug the sidewalls a couple times in the desert. Then I got the Bighorns and had no more problems. The reviews I saw said they are great in dirt, rocks, hard pack, snow, and light mud. Not great in heavy mud.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have heard good things about those tires as well. I think they are similar, performance wise, to the stockers. But they are obviously going to be much tougher. Maxxis makes a good tire. I ran Bighorns on both of my Prowlers. The Cerros is supposed to be just as good with a little less aggressive tread. Good choice.............

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm not a mudder but sometimes you just can't avoid it. The stock tires pack up with our sticky mud almost immediately. I sliced open one of my stockers already but not on the sidewall. The damage was at the base of one of the lugs towards the center of the tire. It was almost like it just tore it open. I'm considering the Bighorns, seems most people like these and it appears they are durable. I'd like to avoid really heavy tires but maybe thats what I will have to do.

Thanks
Dwight

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also feel they are great looking tires. How does the weight of the Ceros compare to the Bighorns? I'm also curious as how they do in sand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts