Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without more complete information I'm wondering what the system is to engage 4WD? I know you push the button - Duh! When the button is pushed there is a mechanical sound which makes me think it is engaging the front differential.

My brand X from Polaris allowed me to engage 4WD on the fly. Buried among the CAUTIONS,TILTS, DO NOT DOs, Etc on page 25 of the "manual?" is a CAUTION stating do not engage the front differential while the vehicle is moving.

If you do engage the front differential while moving, what happens. Does the front end fall off, do you get thrown out of your seat, or what?

It would be interesting to know. Any thoughts from our Wildcat Gurus?

Gumball

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
All My Ac I have Let Up On The Gas & Put In 4 Wheel While Moving With No Problem
STOP To Put In Diff Lock

·
Registered
986 Posts
This is an actual solenoid activated mechanical 4wd, the RZR is a clutchted engagement of some kind. I have never stopped to put either in or out or 4wd, I just hit the button.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yep, hit 4wd in the Prowler plenty of times while I was moving and needed it. No worries...........

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just as Dent and FOM have done.....I too hit the switch on the move with no problemos. The noise you hear is the front diff engaging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts