Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good deal on some 30x9x14 and it absolutely killed the performance on my 2013.5 wildcat 4. Granted there the silverback and heavy. Called mls and was informed that my low end performance would improve with a secondary spring but no gains far as top end which is to be expected and im fine with that but a 25 mph drop and he said it would be even slower with the spring. I gottak check my belt but i was passed by a stock yamaha wolverine and that is not supposed to happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just picked up a 2013.5 WC4 also with 30" tires. My top speed is around 55mph flat out. I drive all desert so that speed is pretty good for me. It could use some low end as it is pretty much a slug off the line. I talked to a few different companies about their clutch kits and I think I've decided on Teams upgrade which include weights and a helix.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly what mine is doing top end wise. I know these tires are heavy and was gonna labor it somewhat. But not this bad. After reading this i believe im gonna find the lightest 28" tire i can possibly find and go with that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm thinking it is more of a gear ratio change with bigger tires then he weight

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thats exactly what mine is doing top end wise. I know these tires are heavy and was gonna labor it somewhat. But not this bad. After reading this i believe im gonna find the lightest 28" tire i can possibly find and go with that.
NO, NO, NO .... Keep your 30" tires! I have a 2014 standard 1000, not an X, with 30x10x14 that are 10 ply Mongrels. I changed out the springs in both clutches, installed the ramps they told me to(proper gram) and I have no problem running 60-65 mph. The guys at EPI clutch have already done the testing with your set-up you may have. Give them a call, or visit web-site, they offer 4 different styles of riding with that tire size and your machine. Check them out. I'm very happy with my set-up.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Teams upgrade which include weights and a helix.
..whats that ? link?

whats confusin me many clutch tuners just change spings and weights- only some recomend changin the helix !!??

·
Registered
154 Posts
..whats that ? link?

whats confusin me many clutch tuners just change spings and weights- only some recomend changin the helix !!??
They are not a supporting member so I can't post their link. Hollywood slapped me last time I accidentally did that.... lol, lol. check your PM

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2015X 4, I have 30" Mongrels. Top speed is almost 75. Bottom end is strong, I always start in low and shift to hi on the fly. I have over 2000 miles on the belt. I have not changed anything in the clutch.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I didn't know you could shit on the fly. Does everybody do that?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
...me NOT - im just afraid to break something haha....BUT i do not come to a complete stop- car is crowlin in L like with 2000rpms then ill shift in H....

but its good to know some guys do it and works...!? ;- ()

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I have 30" mongrels on my 4X with aftermarket springs in primary and secondary clutch. I love my set up and no problem hitting 60+.

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have 30" mongrels on my 4X with aftermarket springs in primary and secondary clutch. I love my set up and no problem hitting 60+.
hey man whatsup!? your stil happywith your 18limo??

our 13,5 still goin strong !! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
yep no major issues so far! have not been on much lately as I lost my house in the last Hurricane this Fall. Working on getting our home rebuilt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Spring & Helix upgrades will unleash the beast. SSI set me up nicely and many others can do the same for you. 34’s on my 4 Limited and it will outrun my 2 seat 1000 with 30’s and a stock clutch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
which clutch kit did you install? I've been considering the dalton, but on their website they say it was designed for the 2 seater not the 4 seater; it has not been tested and proven on the 4 seater.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
...u can change spring AND/OR helix....in secondary

most peopl just change springs and weights....primar. and second. !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts