Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this in the general discussion & have not gotten many reply’s, I’m hoping if I put it here it will help with some advice.
I have a 2016 trail 14” rims 11/2 spacers, 28” black water evolution tire, heavy bandit springs so I have about 13” clearance, problem is I just broke my third right rear lower a arm in 5 years,15 miles out in the woods of New Hampshire, I can’t figure out why, the trails are rough but same a arm 3 times, shock doesn’t look bent, when the shock is off A arms & hub moves freely, it just breaks out of the blue no warning it’s coming it’s just bang broke, I thought about to much preload but it’s always the right lower & left lower looks like new still so that makes me think it’s not a preload, doesn’t look like it’s hitting muffler either, so hoping somebody has advice for me,

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
311 Posts
I am running 2" spacers, on stock 12" wheels, 27" BH OG and bandit medium and have had no issues. Where is it breaking? Are your wheels aftermarket and adding more offset? Wondering if your are wider in the rear and snagging the tire on rocks/trees, that the front tires are slipping through.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s breaking right at the welds where it attaches to the wheel hub, I’m running Arctic cat black magic rims, like I said in the original post it’s always the right rear, I took the left apart to see it the holes were ovaled out & the left side looks brand new, so that’s a big part of my problem it’s always the same one on the same side that breaks

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
This is a huge long-shot, but can you fully compress the right rear shock? If not, that control arm could be taking a lot of heavy impacts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another long shot: I wonder if the bearing housing was machined correctly when manufactured? Maybe it's putting that side in a bind somehow? Just thinking (typing?) out loud. That's a strange one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you using new or used ? Maybe your getting a bad part from the same lot number. Try finding a good used one from eBay or somewhere. Arctic Cat dosen't always have the greatest quality replacement parts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you using new or used ? Maybe your getting a bad part from the same lot number. Try finding a good used one from eBay or somewhere. Arctic Cat dosen't always have the greatest quality replacement parts.
Brand new one every time, its costing me like $250 every time, I’ve been lucky so far & have been able to get myself & the machine out of the woods, but the whole problem makes it very hard to enjoy riding because I’m always waiting to hear it snap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts