Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, hope ya'll had a great Xmas. Since I bought my '21 Wildcat XX, I've made a few mods, and I thought I'd share them, some will be obvious in the attached photos.

1. PRP 4 point harnesses... no brainer.
2. Tribal X LED whips... love'em.
3. Shock Therapy springs only, no valving at this point. I like the improvement they made to the ride quality, I think it was worth the money.
4. Shock Therapy rear limit straps... I read a lot of comments about the loud clunking noise when the shocks bottom out and axle boot issues.
5. DynoJet clutch kit... I have 32" Mongrel tires, and without the clutch kit, I struggled to get up to speed.
6. Moto Armor aluminum roof... I wouldn't buy it again, I don't like the gap between the roof and roll cage near the front side. I'll take a look at the Speed roof.
7. Rigid Industries Adapt XP Extreme LED lights... Bomb!! I highly recommend them. I don't feel the need to add additional lighting.
8. S&B Helmet Particle Separator... It works awesome, I think better than the PCI and Rugged versions. No filter to clog or replace, just constant flow of clean air in the helmet.
9. HMF Bumper... hasn't arrived yet, but supposedly does this Friday, 12/31/2021... I'll post pics afterwards.

Wiring on the Wildcat XX as many know, is easy to do. Much of it is already done for us by the factory.

• Tribal X LED whips were easy to install, and are a high quality product. Of course being intimately connected to the company makes me a bit biased :)
  • Installing the PRP harnesses was a bit more time consuming than any other vehicle I've installed harnesses on, because you have to physically remove the seat and move the fuel tank.
  • I paid to have my Shock Therapy springs, rear limit strap and Dynojet clutch kit installed. I didn't feel like wasting an afternoon or more of my time.
  • The Moto Armor roof is a pretty straight forward install. Don't over tighten the corner bolts that go through the stock locations on the roll cage, it warps the roof. They provide nylock nuts, so just tighten them 'til they snug up, they won't back off and become loose.
  • I purchased some Axia Alloys "A" pillar clamps and attached the Rigid Industries "Adapt XP Extreme LED lights to them. Accessing the "C" accessory SAE connector required me to remove several screws from the driver side fender well, but nothing too difficult. I made the wire harness outside the vehicle, so I could just plug and play, worked great, made installation more smooth.
  • The S&B particle separator was a straight forward install, just follow the instructions. I didn't use much of the provided wire harness, it seemed like overkill.
    Sky Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle
Sky Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle

Sky Cloud Flag Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks good!

Reactions: illuman

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
187 Posts
Looks great! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
...looks awesome- spec. the wheels ;-)

·
Registered
203 Posts
awesome looking ride

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone, hope ya'll had a great Xmas. Since I bought my '21 Wildcat XX, I've made a few mods, and I thought I'd share them, some will be obvious in the attached photos.

3. Shock Therapy springs only, no valving at this point. I like the improvement they made to the ride quality, I think it was worth the money.
4. Shock Therapy rear limit straps... I read a lot of comments about the loud clunking noise when the shocks bottom out and axle boot issues.
5. DynoJet clutch kit... I have 32" Mongrel tires, and without the clutch kit, I struggled to get up to speed.
6. Moto Armor aluminum roof... I wouldn't buy it again, I don't like the gap between the roof and roll cage near the front side. I'll take a look at the Speed roof.
7. Rigid Industries Adapt XP Extreme LED lights... Bomb!! I highly recommend them. I don't feel the need to add additional lighting.
8. S&B Helmet Particle Separator... It works awesome, I think better than the PCI and Rugged versions. No filter to clog or replace, just constant flow of clean air in the helmet.
9. HMF Bumper... hasn't arrived yet, but supposedly does this Friday, 12/31/2021... I'll post pics afterwards.

Wiring on the Wildcat XX as many know, is easy to do. Much of it is already done for us by the factory.

• Tribal X LED whips were easy to install, and are a high quality product. Of course being intimately connected to the company makes me a bit biased :)
  • Installing the PRP harnesses was a bit more time consuming than any other vehicle I've installed harnesses on, because you have to physically remove the seat and move the fuel tank.
  • I paid to have my Shock Therapy springs, rear limit strap and Dynojet clutch kit installed. I didn't feel like wasting an afternoon or more of my time.
  • The Moto Armor roof is a pretty straight forward install. Don't over tighten the corner bolts that go through the stock locations on the roll cage, it warps the roof. They provide nylock nuts, so just tighten them 'til they snug up, they won't back off and become loose.
  • I purchased some Axia Alloys "A" pillar clamps and attached the Rigid Industries "Adapt XP Extreme LED lights to them. Accessing the "C" accessory SAE connector required me to remove several screws from the driver side fender well, but nothing too difficult. I made the wire harness outside the vehicle, so I could just plug and play, worked great, made installation more smooth.
  • The S&B particle separator was a straight forward install, just follow the instructions. I didn't use much of the provided wire harness, it seemed like overkill. View attachment 253563
View attachment 253562 View attachment 253565
View attachment 253564

• The S&B particle separator was a straight forward install, just follow the instructions. I didn't use much of the provided wire harness, it seemed like overkill. View attachment 253563
View attachment 253562 View attachment 253565
View attachment 253564
looking good brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts