Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we placed our order today(my head is spinning), and here's some clarification, as we know it.
1. As I previously posted, MSRP is $16,599.00, and the freight is $550.00
2. Yes, A-C is requiring dealers to buy $9K in parts and accessories. We had every intention of stocking P/A, but it could have been done differently.
3. Additionally, A-C is requiring dealers to buy a $4K display kit. I post this to show the kind of commitment being required in these cash-strapped times.
4. The 225 initial dealers will receive a serialized early-ship unit in Nov./Dec. It is their intention to have dealers not sell these, so as to have one to show & tell.
5. There is an "Early Ride Guarantee Order Program"-Place a $500.00 deposit, sign the form, and you will receive priority delivery when production begins. This is likely
to be late January early February, and will be done on a first in-first out basis.

The accessory catalog is too large a file to post, or I would have posted it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there anyway to email the accessory catalog? I am very interested inwhat is to be offered and am waiting to see what is available to make my decision. I love AC have ridden their sleds all my life. Had one of their early ATV's and had some problems never been a fan of Po Po but all this waiting in killing me I may run out of patience. If there is any way to get the accessory catalog out I would sure appreciate it. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thank you Copper. Any way to post a link to the accessories? I went to the AC website and downloaded but there was only 1 page for the Wildcat which is already in the forums.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I emailed the Accessory catalog to a member who may be able to get it posted. If the mods can host it on the site, please contact me. Otherwise, PM me with your email, and I will send it along. It is nearly 4 Meg so some ISPs may reject it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Over $17,000 is more than I was hoping for. I am not saying all the new technology isn't worth it, because I am sure it is. I was just thinking it was going to be less than the XP..............

·
Registered
791 Posts
Over $17,000 is more than I was hoping for. I am not saying all the new technology isn't worth it, because I am sure it is. I was just thinking it was going to be less than the XP..............
I don't know how they could have come in under the XP. If you look at what your getting it is saving you money. To get EPS(Electric Power Steering) is $1200 for the factory unit, and to have 18" of wheel travel is $5,000+ aftermarket suspension system that also makes the XP 70" wide if not wider. So to me the Wildcat is well worth the money, atleast on paper it is. Now let's see what it can do in real life and if it performs like they say it will the Wildcat will really be worth it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
the original rumors were about a thousand dollars less than what the final price is. I don't have a problem paying it either. But, I do think that if you are trying to draw buyers away from the XP with a lesser known brand, that $1000 would have made some decisions easier. I don't care which is faster, from the video you can tell which one has the best suspension. That is where I will spend my money every time...............

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they took off the power steering would be. But its a feature well worth it. Up here canada its actually $600 cheaper then the xp le. Dont worry we pay for both overall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got off the phone from my stealer, in the middle of nowhere, Nova Scotia, Canada. :(
MSRP $18300.00
$550.00 Freight
And just for my viewing pleasure, 15% local TAX $2827.50
For a grand total of, $21677.50 with no accessories. :eek:
A $500.00 Deposit in the next few weeks and I get to pick a Color (unseen) and then wait 6
Long Months for delivery. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Are you at a place where you can give an out the door price? I'm in Show Low where the dealer here thinks we are all stupid. He wants a $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE deposit with no information as to what the total price will be! Instead of being thankful that he will be able to use our money (float) until the machines are here he just wants the money. The probabalty is high that anyone waiting for a machine is not going to back out so why not make the deposit refundable. From the look of things there will be more buyers than machines.
Duh! Did I miss something here?

Gumball

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you at a place where you can give an out the door price? I'm in Show Low where the dealer here thinks we are all stupid. He wants a $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE deposit with no information as to what the total price will be! Instead of being thankful that he will be able to use our money (float) until the machines are here he just wants the money. The probabalty is high that anyone waiting for a machine is not going to back out so why not make the deposit refundable. From the look of things there will be more buyers than machines.
Duh! Did I miss something here?

Gumball
Actually, you did miss something, because Arctic Cat is not only taking the $500 deposit immediately upon submitting the Early Buy form, but it could take up to 30 days after the sale is complete for them to credit it back to the selling dealer. There is no "float" for the dealer at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Geeze! What are they afraid of? They got something no one else has. Its going to be a hit. I would expand on my opinion but I'm at work and can't take that much time right now... I will later.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow that is just crazy. I don't understand enough about this anyhow but that really doesn't seem to make good buisness sense to me. What is AC thinking?

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's a leap of faith in this economy. On the bright side it appears ACAT is doing ok with sales and profits and they claim to not have either long or short term debt as of May 2011. Investors Business Daily ranks ACAT earning per share on the low end of the Leisure-Products group, a group that Polaris is ranked #1.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's interesting when you look at AC history (check it out on the Internet), They have made some pretty dumb decisions in the past which have resulted in serious consequences. Is this deposit thing another one???

It is no doubt hurting their dealers as well as potential customers. Considering the delay in delivery I think I'll just wait and see how this all plays out.

Gumball

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ORDERED MINE FRON BASS PRO SHOPS. BY THE TIME I ADDED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS I'M LOOKING AT ALMOST $19,900
Hard Top Roof, Fender flares, 1/2 windshield, bumpers, Winch & Winch mount, grab handle, REAL Alumimum Skid plates, Alumn. A-Arm protectors, Alumn. Rear Suspension protectors.

I could of almost ordered a real 4X4 Truck for these prices!

The Arctic Cat financing is at 9.9% and it isn't from AC it's from another 3rd party company! In this bad economy and how crappy the Factory is being with the Dealers, Pricing and all, this MIGHT be a one year production model????? Especially if there is some major problems with the Wildcat!

I'd rather have a Machine that is MADE IN AMERICA than a Can Am that is made in Mexico!

Just my 2 cents worth!
War Eagle

1 - 20 of 29 Posts