Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the evening news last night and saw a A-hole RZR owner Drunk, no helmet, no seat belt crashed into a Amish buggy with 11 family members in it. And the RZR owner is in critical condition. No one in the buggy was hert. All you see on the news is how bad ATVs are. This is the kind of bad press we dont kneed no matter what you ride.... Realy a horse and buggy are saffer than a ATV?????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I know its an hour from here. But we see them and have to work around them all the time. Not fun they smell like horse shit and Keroesene. ;)

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
I heard those amish build thing real good. I guess we need them to build us some utvs. Sound like they build wooden buggys better than polaris build rzr. Haha

Reactions: steve-d

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That amish hand crafted portable fireplace is amazing. At least that's what they said on in infomercial.........

·
Banned
441 Posts
I have 2 problems with this.1 the dumbass drinking and driving.2 why amish people don,t have proper lighting on there wagons.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have 2 problems with this.1 the dumbass drinking and driving.2 why amish people don,t have proper lighting on there wagons.
Ken that is exactly what I said. Then to find out it was Sunday afternoon. (before dark) And they do have lights. No seatbelts tho. Or registration they use the roads for free.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ken that is exactly what I said. Then to find out it was Sunday afternoon. (before dark) And they do have lights. No seatbelts tho. Or registration they use the roads for free.
Ever owned a horse? I would just about rather buy gas than feed a couple of hay burners. Although, if gas continues to climb I may change my mind and ride my wifes horse to work. LOL!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ever owned a horse? I would just about rather buy gas than feed a couple of hay burners. Although, if gas continues to climb I may change my mind and ride my wifes horse to work. LOL!

Here's another fun fact about CA.

We have to pay for a dog license. If you don't spay or neuter the dog, it's a lot more.

In addition to buying offroad passes to play in Glamis, we have to pay for a green sticker for OHVs. This money is supposed to go toward riding areas, etc, but since the state is broke, they passed legislation to allow themselves to steal the OHV funds and throw it into the general fund, for important stuff like crack babies and meth addicts, illegal aliens and homeless people.

However, they've spent hundreds of thousands of $$, maybe a million or more adding corrals, landscaping, holding pens, larger parking lots, etc for converting hiking trails into equestrian trails.

Yet horse owners don't pay a penny in licensing fees or trail usage.

But since offroaders aren't rich, and a lot of the rich are horse owners, that's how the cookie crumbles. We lose land to ride on, they get larger and larger areas.

·
Registered
986 Posts

We have to pay for a dog license. If you don't spay or neuter the dog, it's a lot more.

In addition to buying offroad passes to play in Glamis, we have to pay for a green sticker for OHVs. This money is supposed to go toward riding areas, etc, but since the state is broke, they passed legislation to allow themselves to steal the OHV funds and throw it into the general fund, for important stuff like crack babies and meth addicts, illegal aliens and homeless people.

However, they've spent hundreds of thousands of $$, maybe a million or more adding corrals, landscaping, holding pens, larger parking lots, etc for converting hiking trails into equestrian trails.

But since offroaders aren't rich, and a lot of the rich are horse owners, that's how the cookie crumbles. We lose land to ride on, they get larger and larger areas.
I hate that shithole more everyday, no offense intended to those that live there.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I've heard this argument before.. all I can say is they probably get you to register your dog and not horses because they don't have thousands of stray horses running around the city breeding, ransacking garbage and passing on diseases. That being said... if the state is paying for trails to be made, there should be a trail membership to use them...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I've heard this argument before.. all I can say is they probably get you to register your dog and not horses because they don't have thousands of stray horses running around the city breeding, ransacking garbage and passing on diseases. That being said... if the state is paying for trails to be made, there should be a trail membership to use them...
Yes, trails should be paid for by the people who use them. The state does all kinds of stuff to target the wealthier people, like registration fees being tied to the original purchase price of the vehicle. They figure if you can afford to buy a $500K moho, then you can afford to pay $38,750 in sales tax, and over $5,000/yr for registration.

Well some of these horses can easily cost $500K, but they don't pay a penny in reg. Kinda lopsided. I'm not endorsing over taxation, but if they're going to do it...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yes, trails should be paid for by the people who use them. The state does all kinds of stuff to target the wealthier people, like registration fees being tied to the original purchase price of the vehicle. They figure if you can afford to buy a $500K moho, then you can afford to pay $38,750 in sales tax, and over $5,000/yr for registration.

Well some of these horses can easily cost $500K, but they don't pay a penny in reg. Kinda lopsided. I'm not endorsing over taxation, but if they're going to do it...
No offense, but I doubt anybody is trail riding with a $500K horse. That being said I agree that trails should be paid for and supported by the users.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts