Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all whoever was involved in the decision to use that POS 951 motor in the Wildcat should be demoted to Janitor.:pat:
They should have stepped up to the plate and used there F1100 Turbo sled motor and they would have the Mac Daddy of all Toys PERIOD.

heres a Video of one racing on a frozen lake.

Heres another cool angle to watch, that thing rips pretty damn good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
OK thats nice.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Or they should have stuck with their original prototypes with the dual throttle bodies, dual exhaust and wet clutch delete. Then we would have our 95 HP machine and not one person would be complaining.......................

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Or they should have stuck with their original prototypes with the dual throttle bodies, dual exhaust and wet clutch delete. Then we would have our 95 HP machine and not one person would be complaining.......................

Absolutely! I'd be ecstatic to get all of that for $16.6K!

However, look at how we (consumers) get screwed on just about every product. I call it the Microsoft marketing plan. Every 2 yrs, they sell a slightly less crappy version for slightly more money. That's how they made billions off of selling substandard code that every script kiddie could exploit in 2 weeks. Spawning an entirely new multi-billion dollar industry - anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Polaris has it down perfectly. They've sold 5 different versions of the Rzr and not one of them has a tube chassis or 18" of travel. Look how big the UTV aftermarket industry is. Not only do people have to buy real harnesses for these things (really? after all of these years?) they have to install bars to mount them to.

The Rzr XP V will have 17" of travel and a round tube front and rear subframe connected with paper clips in 8 yrs, at the rate they're evolving.

Sure, I wish it had all of that, but I'm afraid it is what it is, and it's still better than all of the rest (except for sand hill shooting, which TXChristopher says is for guys who are overcompensating anyways) right out of the box, for about the same price.

Sure it's not perfect, but I never married the perfect woman either, and look how much THEY cost!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That 951 motor and tranny combo really sucks. way to many problems with it. They should have used there heads and offered up the F1100 Turbo motor with a little detuning then next year they offer a little more power and so on and so forth they would have many years of Upselling. and the Hype alone of that Turbo offerring would have sent AC Ballistic. Jesus do I need to show these Fools how to get this shit right. LOL.
That cold air up there must have there brains frozen. :pat:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really hope Yamaha comes out to reclaim their spot!!!!! APEX power SXS a dream,,, will never happend from factory

·
Registered
285 Posts
That 951 motor and tranny combo really sucks. way to many problems with it. They should have used there heads and offered up the F1100 Turbo motor with a little detuning then next year they offer a little more power and so on and so forth they would have many years of Upselling. and the Hype alone of that Turbo offerring would have sent AC Ballistic. Jesus do I need to show these Fools how to get this shit right. LOL.
That cold air up there must have there brains frozen. :pat:
AC would've had to beef up the drive train, added a larger fuel tank, and substantially increased the cost. It could be an extreme option down the road. AC took some risks and leapfrogged the option to compete with Polaris' standard RZR. For now AC needs to ensure they have a viable product for the masses.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AC would've had to beef up the drive train, added a larger fuel tank, and substantially increased the cost. It could be an extreme option down the road. AC took some risks and leapfrogged the option to compete with Polaris' standard RZR. For now AC needs to ensure they have a viable product for the masses.
Actually the Drive train can Handle the Power, I know because I use there prowler diffs and CVs in a few different UTVs that make from 110hp to 185hp without breaking.
My prowler holds 8 gallons and I dont have any issues of running out on long rides. So if they really wanted they could expand the tanks for a few bucks. the Pussycat holds 8.8 gallons. not shabby.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what I read... AC did put the 1100 sled motor in the Wildcat to see how it would handle more power. They wouldnt even need the 1100 Turbo motor, the 1100 without turbo already makes 130hp. They could detune it to have 90-100hp and have an awesome machine with HUGE potential.

Who knows, 2013 will end up being the REAL "Year of the Cat" like 2012 was supposed to be. In the meantime, I'll still ride my 2012 AC Proclimb M8 and wait for my WILDCAT to show up.. hopefully before summer hits.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Actually the Drive train can Handle the Power, I know because I use there prowler diffs and CVs in a few different UTVs that make from 110hp to 185hp without breaking.
My prowler holds 8 gallons and I dont have any issues of running out on long rides. So if they really wanted they could expand the tanks for a few bucks. the Pussycat holds 8.8 gallons. not shabby.
I'd like to hear more about these UTVs.

110hp to 185 hp sounds great!

·
Registered
161 Posts
The current engine is fine for over 99% of owners. There's lots of untapped capability.
I think if you took poll on this forum of what people would like to see for power in the WC that more than 1% of them would want more power than the XP. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet that 99% would rather have more power.

Bottomline is that they could have blown away the XP in the power dept. and instead went "less than"! Who thinks "less than" is fine? :pat:

It's a shame that they won't give us what we want. Most companies are compelled by basic business sense to make their customers happy, not leave them wanting more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think if you took poll on this forum of what people would like to see for power in the WC that more than 1% of them would want more power than the XP. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet that 99% would rather have more power.

Bottomline is that they could have blown away the XP in the power dept. and instead went "less than"! Who thinks "less than" is fine? :pat:

It's a shame that they won't give us what we want. Most companies are compelled by basic business sense to make their customers happy, not leave them wanting more.
I agree, its the only thing lacking. Im just kind of disappointed. They made the effort to do demo rides around North America, take customer's inputs down in the surveys... then say they made "changes" to enhance the machine before production. The thing is, the only thing I heard that it needed during the demo rides was more power... So what happened between then and production???

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I agree, its the only thing lacking. Im just kind of disappointed. They made the effort to do demo rides around North America, take customer's inputs down in the surveys... then say they made "changes" to enhance the machine before production. The thing is, the only thing I heard that it needed during the demo rides was more power... So what happened between then and production???
You know they still had a price target to meet with this thing, it is so easy to say "shoulda slapped that turbo sled engine in there" but if the MSRP was then pushed to $21,599 to cover the cost of the turbo, intercooler, beefed up drivetrain components, etc etc etc do you think that 99% would pony up the money or just find something else to complain about and buy a lesser cheaper machine? Already people are complaining about the price where it is even though it comes with more than any other SxS period for anywhere near equal coinage.

The forum is full of bigtime enthusiasts who always will want more more more no matter what it comes with, but Joe Schmoe out there thinks 60 horses to the rear wheels is more than plenty to trail ride, cruise the farmland, or turn the teenagers loose with.

:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts

No doubt there's a vocal group of bleeding edge types here. But online user forums are always that way.

Arctic Cat is in a learning curve with a new product. I bet the engineers wanted competitive power but there were very sound reasons they decided against it. In any event, we consumers can always take on the risk of adding more power.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You know they still had a price target to meet with this thing, it is so easy to say "shoulda slapped that turbo sled engine in there" but if the MSRP was then pushed to $21,599 to cover the cost of the turbo, intercooler, beefed up drivetrain components, etc etc etc do you think that 99% would pony up the money or just find something else to complain about and buy a lesser cheaper machine? Already people are complaining about the price where it is even though it comes with more than any other SxS period for anywhere near equal coinage.

The forum is full of bigtime enthusiasts who always will want more more more no matter what it comes with, but Joe Schmoe out there thinks 60 horses to the rear wheels is more than plenty to trail ride, cruise the farmland, or turn the teenagers loose with.

:cool:
I tend to argee with you for the most part TX, but theres still part of me that was disapointed AC didn't take a full swing at whoopin the competition. I DO think everyone crying and whinning over what is, isn't going to solve jack. So now we need to figure out how and where to extract the HP and torque we want out of this machine. Strides have already been taking place with the WCD. Is there more that can be done to the clutch? I'm sure there is. Is there more HP hiding in the engine? More than likely, quite a bit. Aftermarket upgrades are out there for virtually everything on the market. Guys need to be a bit more patient...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just my 2 cents here, DirtyDawg....I think the Airdam WCD will be about all that can be done with the CVT as we know it.
But I know that a little more air, in the way of the 2 throttle bodies and a re-burn on the ECM will put us all right where we want to be. And hell, we have been waiting this long for this machine, well we'll just have to wait just a little longer to get it where we all would like it to be!
.......:racer:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts