Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it possible that I won’t have power because I used the sae plug by the shifter for my chase light?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Using one of the plugs has no affect on the others. Check your fuses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuses were fine. I will try to mess with it more in the am. My project was going too easy so it didn’t surprise me my last step got me. Ha!

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Any chance that this is to power another LED light? LEDs must be wired with the correct polarity. If you have swapped the wires, it will act like a dead circuit.

Reactions: roylohr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chance that this is to power another LED light? LEDs must be wired with the correct polarity. If you have swapped the wires, it will act like a dead circuit.
What do you mean? I’m trying to get the sae plug. I read on a forum that it’s an accessory power wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So got up this morning and went through my wiring. And found my problem. I pulled the male and female connectors apart. So I’m good. Didn’t want to admit user error. Haha!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
The ol' IDTenT Error code. I have town a couple of them (just don't tell nobody) lol

IDTenT = ID10T

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
What do you mean? I’m trying to get the sae plug. I read on a forum that it’s an accessory power wire.
Just to finish this: When you buy a pair of these SAE plugs, you almost always get one with the exposed connector on the red wire and another with the exposed connector on the black wire. I've made the mistake of using the "wrong" plug/pigtail, so that 12v+ is the black wire on the new plug pigtail. Then I forget and wire the device assuming red is positive and black is neg. An LED wired that way won't work, and if you aren't aware LEDs require correct polarity, it can look like a dead circuit.

Glad you found your problem. We've all pulled/jiggled/wrenched a connector out of place at some point. There is no shame admitting it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts