695 Posts
Did you ever get this working?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Accessory wiring

Did you ever get this working?
I think I understand what they had in mind. The rectangular blocks are for plugging in rocker switches which then control the current to the circuits to make them hot. Pretty simple but why didn't they include some kind of instructions???

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think I understand what they had in mind. The rectangular blocks are for plugging in rocker switches which then control the current to the circuits to make them hot. Pretty simple but why didn't they include some kind of instructions???
Because that would have made too much sense :)

I just found out this weekend the instructions for oiling my air filter is different between the owners manual and the service manual. Why have 2 different versions, especially on something so basic?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
your right greyrider just put in back lights and front light bar, thanks to james at mls, he sent me a wire harness for the front and rear, every thing works great. next challenge ssv unit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wildcat XX service manual and Winch install

2018 WILDCAT XX ON LINE SERVICE MANUAL.
https://support.countrycat.com/posts/3284566-2018-wildcat-xx-service-manual

I just started to install and wire in my Arctic Cat Universal Warn ATV Winch 2436-108 and WARN 101672 Winch mount...
I had to re-drill the upper portion of the bracket to allow the winch to fit this winch plate. I DO NOT recommend this winch for this plate.

I now have interference with the left headlight adjustment screw and I wont be able to utilized the free wheeling mode of the winch... Live and learn. I'm not sure of the correct winch application.

I had to order the correct 5" Fairlead for this mounting system... The grill has not been reinstalled at this point. Cutting of the grill will be needed. Waiting for the part to come in. (Amazon $10)

Problems with figuring out the wiring has been my biggest issue. I installed the switch control and the supplied wire harness. Then I picked up a couple of the (Dealer) 1436-834 24" accessory extension harness's to hopefully complete the wiring installation.

My local dealer that sold me the Wildcat XX has been useless of information to find the correct parts needed. I found most everything on line... CountryCat.com has been a huge help for me!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks everyone for the heads up on this wiring stuff.
Helped me a lot.
LED bar, rear ambers and horn.
Fan override next when I can get the correct way to wire it.
Radio getting wired directly to battery with fuse.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience with hooking up the air horn to acc sw c, it’s the one under the light switch. Long story short I wasn’t getting 12v at the corresponding pig tail and was just about to post here to ask for help. Before posting I took another look at everything and what I found was the fuse was in the wrong spot, now the reason I’m mentioning this is cause it wasted about an hour of my time trying to figuring this out. Pay close attention to how the fuse block is labeled, it’s easy to mistake the position. Well not anymore I guess. Other than that, having these prewired circuits with the relays already installed is just one more reason why I know I made the right descision buying this buggy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now an expert on accessory wiring of XX after spending the last two days installing all my new electrical stuff. Really familiar with all of the plugs and wiring. If you need some help, let me know.
Once you understand what Textron did with this part of the wiring, it’s really cool and makes a lot of sense.

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
I used two rock lights from Ampper (one red and one white). They can be found on Amazon for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Without going through the whole thread, which plug is hot without the key on? That way I can have radio on without the key on so the hour meter isn’t running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
872 Posts
Without going through the whole thread, which plug is hot without the key on? That way I can have radio on without the key on so the hour meter isn’t running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think any of them are...I ran my radio directly to the battery.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Check THIS out. Lots of information there. One of which is a group of wiring diagrams. I didn't go through the doc, but I think the XX should be in there. There's a service manual there as well.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts