Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys I have a question and it sound like this is the thread to ask, I just got a 2020 XX, and I’m trying to understand the 4 key on switches, so am I understanding it correct that there should be a total of 8 available accessory switches? 4 key on, and 4 hot??

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
I'm fairly certain that none of the accessory connections are hot without the ignition being turned on, but there is a connector that accepts up to three SAE plug-in connectors that is energized when you turn the key on. That connector is behind the ignition switch.

There are additional circuits that have their own fuse, a wiring/connector at one of the switch areas (center console and below the headlight switch) and wiring/connector at either the dash or the fuse panel area for the actual accessory. Each connector is labeled, as is the fuse location (no fuses installed at the factory).

The process I used is to figure out where you are going to wire your new accessory and find a connector nearby. Read the label and you'll know which position to add the fuse to and which switch connector to find and use. If you don't want a switch but like the idea of having a fuse, just make a jumper to plug into the switch connector.

Reactions: Joekai12

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm fairly certain that none of the accessory connections are hot without the ignition being turned on, but there is a connector that accepts up to three SAE plug-in connectors that is energized when you turn the key on. That connector is behind the ignition switch.

There are additional circuits that have their own fuse, a wiring/connector at one of the switch areas (center console and below the headlight switch) and wiring/connector at either the dash or the fuse panel area for the actual accessory. Each connector is labeled, as is the fuse location (no fuses installed at the factory).

The process I used is to figure out where you are going to wire your new accessory and find a connector nearby. Read the label and you'll know which position to add the fuse to and which switch connector to find and use. If you don't want a switch but like the idea of having a fuse, just make a jumper to plug into the switch connector.
So I looked around in the buggy a little more, and I understand what you’re sayng. The 3 in between the seats are gonna come on with the ignition, and then you have all the prewired accessory switches That can be set up...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now an expert on accessory wiring of XX after spending the last two days installing all my new electrical stuff. Really familiar with all of the plugs and wiring. If you need some help, let me know.
Once you understand what Textron did with this part of the wiring, it’s really cool and makes a lot of sense.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
PM me if you have any questions about the wiring and switches. I’ll do my best to help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Pics of the switches and lighting I installed on my new XX. Needs a dome light....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am new to UTV's, I purchased a Tracker XTR1000 late in 2020 and am in the process of installing a Warn VRX3500 winch. I purchased the lighted rocker switch from Warn. I was planning on hooking the rocker switch up to the ACC B1 connector. How do I wire back to the solenoid to control the winch?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am new to UTV's, I purchased a Tracker XTR1000 late in 2020 and am in the process of installing a Warn VRX3500 winch. I purchased the lighted rocker switch from Warn. I was planning on hooking the rocker switch up to the ACC B1 connector. How do I wire back to the solenoid to control the winch?
I just went to the Warn website and looked at the electrical wiring diagram for this specific winch. Not sure why you are connecting to the ACC B1 connector. In the winch kit, you should have been provided the relay. Power for the winch comes off the battery and goes to the relay. The rocker switch also gets connected to the proper terminals on the relay. The relay needs to be in the circuit to isolate the high amperage power circuit for the winch motor from the low amperage switch wiring. It’s a safety thing and I don‘t recommend trying to do something different. Questions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just went to the Warn website and looked at the electrical wiring diagram for this specific winch. Not sure why you are connecting to the ACC B1 connector. In the winch kit, you should have been provided the relay. Power for the winch comes off the battery and goes to the relay. The rocker switch also gets connected to the proper terminals on the relay. The relay needs to be in the circuit to isolate the high amperage power circuit for the winch motor from the low amperage switch wiring. It’s a safety thing and I don‘t recommend trying to do something different. Questions?
Thanks, I will just use the wiring Warn supplies. I really appreciate your prompt response and help on this!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is harness for this that is included with the factory vrx winch kit, I installed it on my wildcat. I would imagine that it is available separately from Arctic Cat or perhap Warn. It connects the lighted winch dash rocker switch to the Warn winch contactor relay which one mounts right in front of the battery, battery box is already pre drilled for the winch relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the information! I ended up utilizing the Lighted rocker switch and harness that I purchased separately from Warn with the winch. I mounted the solenoid up front by the coolant reservoir. My other question I have run into is where is the best place to get "ignition on" power? Getting down to tie it into the ignition switch is going to be a serious pain in the butt. Where did you tie yours into?.....Thanks Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the information! I ended up utilizing the Lighted rocker switch and harness that I purchased separately from Warn with the winch. I mounted the solenoid up front by the coolant reservoir. My other question I have run into is where is the best place to get "ignition on" power? Getting down to tie it into the ignition switch is going to be a serious pain in the butt. Where did you tie yours into?.....Thanks Gary
Behind the center dash console, accessible from under the hood behind the coolant reservoir etc, are several unused plugs. Choose the plug that is a triple bullet style connector with orange and black wires running to it. I believe it is label ACC 1 or maybe ACC A. Wire your switch into one of the orange wires (female bullet connector). This will provide power via the ACC 1 relay which is fused via the ACC 1 fuse in the fuse box located between the seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Behind the center dash console, accessible from under the hood behind the coolant reservoir etc, are several unused plugs. Choose the plug that is a triple bullet style connector with orange and black wires running to it. I believe it is label ACC 1 or maybe ACC A. Wire your switch into one of the orange wires (female bullet connector). This will provide power via the ACC 1 relay which is fused via the ACC 1 fuse in the fuse box located between the seats.
Thank you very much! I was looking at those plugs, mine is marked ACC A, but I was not sure if they were set up for ignition on. This will be a lot easier!....Thanks Gary

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
STOP! That price is ridiculously high!

You can get a set of 6, with plug covers (which you won't use in this application) from Amazon. SAE 12v Pigtail.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
That was just the first listing, there might be another you like better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now an expert on accessory wiring of XX after spending the last two days installing all my new electrical stuff. Really familiar with all of the plugs and wiring. If you need some help, let me know.
Once you understand what Textron did with this part of the wiring, it’s really cool and makes a lot of sense.

Dave
Dave: I have a 2018 Wildcat XX and want to add lighted whips. If I understand the wiring diagram correctly it looks like I buy the correct switch, put it in the dash, plug in the 10 pin (only 3 conductors) labeled accessory switch B and the switch will supply power to B1, B2, and B3 fuses? I can put a fuse in any of B1, B2 or B3 and use those for accessories? B1 is under the dash by the accessory switch B. B2 and B3 are between the seats by the fuse box. Am I on the right track?
I have SAE connectors and wiring to get from B2 or B3 to the whips. I need the correct switch to match the AC plug. Do you know the part number of that switch? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

41 - 60 of 75 Posts