Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I have a question and it sound like this is the thread to ask, I just got a 2020 XX, and I’m trying to understand the 4 key on switches, so am I understanding it correct that there should be a total of 8 available accessory switches? 4 key on, and 4 hot??

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I'm fairly certain that none of the accessory connections are hot without the ignition being turned on, but there is a connector that accepts up to three SAE plug-in connectors that is energized when you turn the key on. That connector is behind the ignition switch.

There are additional circuits that have their own fuse, a wiring/connector at one of the switch areas (center console and below the headlight switch) and wiring/connector at either the dash or the fuse panel area for the actual accessory. Each connector is labeled, as is the fuse location (no fuses installed at the factory).

The process I used is to figure out where you are going to wire your new accessory and find a connector nearby. Read the label and you'll know which position to add the fuse to and which switch connector to find and use. If you don't want a switch but like the idea of having a fuse, just make a jumper to plug into the switch connector.

Reactions: Joekai12

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm fairly certain that none of the accessory connections are hot without the ignition being turned on, but there is a connector that accepts up to three SAE plug-in connectors that is energized when you turn the key on. That connector is behind the ignition switch.

There are additional circuits that have their own fuse, a wiring/connector at one of the switch areas (center console and below the headlight switch) and wiring/connector at either the dash or the fuse panel area for the actual accessory. Each connector is labeled, as is the fuse location (no fuses installed at the factory).

The process I used is to figure out where you are going to wire your new accessory and find a connector nearby. Read the label and you'll know which position to add the fuse to and which switch connector to find and use. If you don't want a switch but like the idea of having a fuse, just make a jumper to plug into the switch connector.
So I looked around in the buggy a little more, and I understand what you’re sayng. The 3 in between the seats are gonna come on with the ignition, and then you have all the prewired accessory switches That can be set up...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts