Wildcat Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave: I have a 2018 Wildcat XX and want to add lighted whips. If I understand the wiring diagram correctly it looks like I buy the correct switch, put it in the dash, plug in the 10 pin (only 3 conductors) labeled accessory switch B and the switch will supply power to B1, B2, and B3 fuses? I can put a fuse in any of B1, B2 or B3 and use those for accessories? B1 is under the dash by the accessory switch B. B2 and B3 are between the seats by the fuse box. Am I on the right track?
I have SAE connectors and wiring to get from B2 or B3 to the whips. I need the correct switch to match the AC plug. Do you know the part number of that switch? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks but this appears to be an 8 prong plug. It would work great if I was not using the B accessory plug. The first picture is a snip from 50 Caliber Racing who makes the switch above. The second is a picture of the B accessory plug through a knockout in my XX dash. The accessory plug has a 10 prong arrangement. The top row is partially hidden by the knockout. I can build a 10 pin from the Carling catalog but was trying to avoid ordering a custom switch or using the AC 0409-204 switch. The 0409-204 is the AC switch for light bar.

Jeff
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 10.46.18 AM.png
image0.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
108 Posts
Hi all...I’d like to install a dome light in our XX. After reading through this thread and understanding the unused connectors behind the dash,can anyone suggest a dome light rocker switch to buy that will be a plug in play? I bought a dome light switch from Kemimoto but the prongs aren’t lining up with the connector on the car. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Find the switch plug, fuse location and accessory pigtail that match, add a Carling-style switch, a fuse and the accessory and you are good to go. It is as simple as that.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
108 Posts
Thanks 1402! I had most of that understood,my issue was making sure to get the proper style plug that would connect directly to factory connectors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is the switch that I bought,assuming they were all the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dave: I have a 2018 Wildcat XX and want to add lighted whips. If I understand the wiring diagram correctly it looks like I buy the correct switch, put it in the dash, plug in the 10 pin (only 3 conductors) labeled accessory switch B and the switch will supply power to B1, B2, and B3 fuses? I can put a fuse in any of B1, B2 or B3 and use those for accessories? B1 is under the dash by the accessory switch B. B2 and B3 are between the seats by the fuse box. Am I on the right track?
I have SAE connectors and wiring to get from B2 or B3 to the whips. I need the correct switch to match the AC plug. Do you know the part number of that switch? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Jeff,

I don’t have a specific part number for the switch since there is a wide variety on Ebay that all will work with the stock plugs. Best thing is to look around there and find the switch you want.
At a minimum, the switch will have three male spade posts. Others with LED back lights will usually have 5 lugs. Hope this helps.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks but this appears to be an 8 prong plug. It would work great if I was not using the B accessory plug. The first picture is a snip from 50 Caliber Racing who makes the switch above. The second is a picture of the B accessory plug through a knockout in my XX dash. The accessory plug has a 10 prong arrangement. The top row is partially hidden by the knockout. I can build a 10 pin from the Carling catalog but was trying to avoid ordering a custom switch or using the AC 0409-204 switch. The 0409-204 is the AC switch for light bar.

Jeff View attachment 252288 View attachment 252289 View attachment 252288 View attachment 252289
For anyone wanting to use the 50 caliber switches, or similar styles, they are basically plug and play. You will need to remove a small plastic pin on the back of the switch with some needle nose pliers and then just plug it in. Here's one operating the ACC B 2 Circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So....I'm new to the UTV world and got myself a 2020 Tracker XTR 1000. Since I had most of the interior out to do 4 point harnesses, I figured I do a bit of wiring for future accessories while I was in there. I've read about the accessory plugs and fuses, but it looks like I have to remove the entire dash to access the connectors for the carling style switches. I have a couple questions: Is there an easier way to access the switch plugs or will I have to remove most of the dash? Where are the accessory leads that the switches will power once plugged in? I found several SAE style plugs between the seats (one of which is hot with the key on)....are these the leads that will become powered once a switch is installed and a fuse put in the proper location? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Those three SAE plugs are all on the ignition switch and IIRC they are all on one fuse. They are separate from the other three circuits that are available for accessories.

One of the accessory circuits is intended for lights, with the new switch to be installed below the OEM light switch. That is best accessed by pulling the hood and the plastic from the left front corner of the XX. The other two are in the general vicinity of the 3 SAE plugs. I access all of that stuff from the front. Removing the dash is, I believe, a huge job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a test light on the three SAE plugs between the seats. Two had no power (ignition on or off) and one had power with the ignition on. I will take a look at the left front area for other SAE plugs. Thanks. There is another plug secured to the bottom of the dash under the light switch quadrant. It looks like a 3 prong plug.....any idea what that may be for? I downloaded the wiring diagram, but I can't enlarge it far enough to make it readable.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Try this file. I've been able to zoom in pretty tight.

It finally occurred to me that you might be talking about three separate SAE plugs near the fuse panel. For some reason, I was thinking under the console between the seats. Without checking the XX (it rained buckets last night and the probability is 90% tomorrow, so it is sealed up), I think there are two accessory plugs in that area, and there could easily be another. I've never really searched that area extensively. The two that you found to be dead are almost certainly the "device" end of the OEM accessory circuits. They should be bagged and labeled "Accessory X" or something similar. They won't have power until you add fuses and switches, and turn them on.

Most, if not all, of the posts on the forum that mention three SAE plugs are referencing the single plug with three SAE positions behind/below the dash. They are on just one circuit according to the '18 wiring diagram. I'm using all three and they are on the key, not the battery. I thought you were talking about those plugs.

IIRC, there is an SAE (two prong) over by the light switch labeled accessory C. It is intended for a light bar. There is also a Carling style connector there, but all of the Carling type plugs are 10 position. It probably only has 3 wires, so that might be what you were calling the three prong connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I popped the hood off and found the "carling" connectors bundled up under the coolant tank. I can also see the "accessory C" connector over by the light switch. I guess I'll just have to get some switches and throw a couple fuses in the empty slots and see what powers what. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
The "device" connectors that go with those switch connectors are also labeled. Match 'em up. No guesswork required.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts