Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did about 75 miles today and it was awesome. Even with my clutch not quite right I still managed a few drag wins against my buddies xp. I had to play with the throttle a lot to keep it off the rev limiter. I was hitting the rev limiter today at 7600rpm and I did manage 74mph. I was only able to hit 74 once I am pretty sure it was a slight downhill. The engine breaking with the wcd was amazing. Coming down a steep hill I actually had to hit the gas she just came to a stop in high.

Vehicle Car Windshield Automotive exterior Automotive window part Suspension part Auto part Suspension Pipe Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tire All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle
Notice those OMF rims on the xp, I am stealing those:fing26:

So after the ride I tore it apart again lol. Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Wheel Got the led bar mounted and wired and a wire ran for the whip. Should have it put back together tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tx my clutch is jacked and he couldn't run away from me. His first words after we did the first 2 was as soon as Adam fixes your clutch I won't win. All he had to do was floor it I had to play with the throttle. He pulled on me as well when I screwed up but he couldn't leave me I was right at his back wheels. The one where I hit 74 I passed him, I thought he let off the throttle and he said you just straight passed me haha!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My clutch is fine the shiftout is off. I asked Adam to set it up light as an experiment for the dunes. He did what I asked lol and I hit the rev limiter like a crack ho with a pipe. I have to feather the throttle for maximum performance. Its not a big deal and I had an outstanding day riding. My clutch is set to engage at 2300 and for tight trail/rock climbing I would rather have it dropped down a bit. He is going to set it at 1900. I can't say enough about the engine breaking after the clutch though. Rolling down the street at 40 today we made a left turn I was able to stop without touching the breaks. Gonna be great for mountain ridin! Anything else Rpm hit me up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My clutch is fine the shiftout is off. I asked Adam to set it up light as an experiment for the dunes. He did what I asked lol and I hit the rev limiter like a crack ho with a pipe. I have to feather the throttle for maximum performance. Its not a big deal and I had an outstanding day riding. My clutch is set to engage at 2300 and for tight trail/rock climbing I would rather have it dropped down a bit. He is going to set it at 1900. I can't say enough about the engine breaking after the clutch though. Rolling down the street at 40 today we made a left turn I was able to stop without touching the breaks. Gonna be great for mountain ridin! Anything else Rpm hit me up.
Trying to understand the clutches still - But are you saying that when it is changed to engage at 1900 it will also fix the shiftout issue / you won't have to feather the throttle...Or will it take more to fix all three issues?

·
Registered
986 Posts
My WCD ran 62 on the sand with STI on Hiper Dakar 2s. The shiftout was about 6900-7000. The STIs are 2" taller than stock though, so with that adjustment for the tire circumference, that puts the speed at about 66, which is pretty much on par with an XP. We didn't drag race, due to some unfortunate events, we ran out of time. I think my WCD would have pulled him on acceleration by a length or so. I trail rode pretty easy and I had 200-300 yards on him a few times when I let up to look back. Keep in mind, I'm still getting to know the handling. The power is really sneaky fast, and the handling is weird, and the BRAKES SUCK!!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No 2 different issues. Right now if I hit the gas my car doesn't move till 2300 rpms. Thats issue one and easily fixed. The second issue is my weights in the primary are set up really light to run under load(ie dunes) and makes me have to pay attention instead of just ripping up the dirt haha. I watch the tach like a hawk and keep it under 7500 to keep pulling. At 70mph I am under 3/4 throttle because I will hit the rev limiter if I don't watch what I am doing. Again easily fixed. I am very happy with the wcd even though it needs to be tweaked. I am very tired I had a long day I hope I answered your questions.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Right now, all of the clutch work/tuning, is trial and error. But I have no doubt that Adam will be able to iron it all out with his trip to the sand pile!...:smokin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts