Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add LED blinkers to my Wildcat and not cut into the factory harness. Where should I pull power from to run these? Any ideas where to mount the LED flasher?

I do like the idea of using the existing rear LED's. Does anyone have info on how to connect the existing rear LED's to make them into functional blinkers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SDC Makes a turn + brake module for motorcycles, its ran by push button style switches and is self canceling with hazards. careful you don't get the style with running lights, you already have marker lights. You can also use a three to four wire trailer wiring conversion module sold most auto parts stores if you want to use a regular signal stat. It will let you run turn and bake signals on the same light/wire. You will have to use existing wires in the harness for both systems to use the existing tail lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Vehicle Car Vehicle Car Family car Technology Electronic device Auto part Vehicle Engine Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Car Transport First and second pic is the Carling rocker switch. The furthest is the turn, the furthest right in the second pic is the Hazard switch. I haven't gone out of my way to find the rocker covers I like yet. The third is the SDC module mounted by the brake master cylinder. The third is the LEDS I chose for the front, they are white running lights+blinkers in amber.

·
Registered
608 Posts
View attachment 13077 View attachment 13078 View attachment 13079 View attachment 13080 First and second pic is the Carling rocker switch. The furthest is the turn, the furthest right in the second pic is the Hazard switch. I haven't gone out of my way to find the rocker covers I like yet. The third is the SDC module mounted by the brake master cylinder. The third is the LEDS I chose for the front, they are white running lights+blinkers in amber.
That's exactly what I am going to do. Can you post links? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The "Penta Star 1007" turn/brake signal module by SDC is on ebay. the "momentary on/off/on single pole double throw dual illuminated Carling rocker switch" for the blinker will not be easy to find, I lucked out by finding it in my parts room. It belongs to a Caterpillar loader, if I find a part # I will list it latter and can be bought from Cat dealers. !If anyone knows where to get Carling Rocker Switches say so! The front "turn/marker" lights were also found on ebay but I cant seem to find them again at the moment, Im still not in love with the lights anyways. The gauge of the wires are way too small to be easy to crimp to the larger gauge wire I used through out the WC, plus Im on the second set of lights with only one from each set working properly. I used a Painless Wiring 70207 Fuse Block 7-Circuit Universal Kit for expansion of the wiring. Note that I removed the relay and mounted it to the floor so it would fit nicely, also the fuse block is Not weather proof because of the lid supplied with it. Ive had it wet before and the horn would make a little bit of a sound from the water, making me pull the fuze. Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device Electrical supply Wire Electrical wiring Technology Electronics Electronic device Electrical supply Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Automotive exterior

·
Registered
177 Posts
338, give the guys at OTRATTW a look for your switches. They did my custom switches and carry all the carling switches for reasonable prices. I paid $15 each with custom etched covers (single pole single throw - double LED)and they are them same as the factory carlings. You can see pics in the other thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts