Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's wrong to advertise one thing and take deposits on said product which is a gentleman handshake,only to receive a machine underpowered .I realize its the clutch ,but w throttle bodies would give more power to keep it from having shifting issues. What if it came in and I said well I changed my mind its only worth $14500, he'd be pissed if all his customers did this and he ordered way more machines than he would have normally! Well I'm a owner already but it was my wifes (didn't order it) mine was ordered,$500 deposit.when we picked hers up on Jan 6 we had no idea throttle bodies had been scrapped for a single 50mm. I guess I could walk away! I wouldn't though! I lover hers and never dune! Just don't think its legal,isn't it false advertising! Why did dealer get the first 225, shouldn't deposits get them first.now people like my wife bought one as of Jan 6 that didn't have a deposit. I still haven't seen any out that are owned by consumers,just dealers! And its total BS dealers say they can't sale their 1st demo , its up to them!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe the consumer Wild Cat will be different than the DEALER FLOOR MODEL that you want re-called or a attorney to represent you for false advertisement.:pat:

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's wrong to advertise one thing and take deposits on said product which is a gentleman handshake,only to receive a machine underpowered .I realize its the clutch ,but w throttle bodies would give more power to keep it from having shifting issues. What if it came in and I said well I changed my mind its only worth $14500, he'd be pissed if all his customers did this and he ordered way more machines than he would have normally! Well I'm a owner already but it was my wifes (didn't order it) mine was ordered,$500 deposit.when we picked hers up on Jan 6 we had no idea throttle bodies had been scrapped for a single 50mm. I guess I could walk away! I wouldn't though! I lover hers and never dune! Just don't think its legal,isn't it false advertising! Why did dealer get the first 225, shouldn't deposits get them first.now people like my wife bought one as of Jan 6 that didn't have a deposit. I still haven't seen any out that are owned by consumers,just dealers! And its total BS dealers say they can't sale their 1st demo , its up to them!
Keep in mind those ads were very early on, and I think at demo ride time, the ads had been changed and no longer reflected that setup.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Keep in mind those ads were very early on, and I think at demo ride time, the ads had been changed and no longer reflected that setup.
At the GA demo ride I asked the lead Engineer with the group about the dual throttle bodies and he said then that it would be only a single 50mm. He answered every question I asked. There was a dealer present taking deposits and I didn't feel like any misrepresentations took place. All you had to do was ask. However, the ability to climb the dunes was obviously not tested here and I think AC is, at the very least, guilty of not doing their homework.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
At the GA demo ride I asked the lead Engineer with the group about the dual throttle bodies and he said then that it would be only a single 50mm. He answered every question I asked. There was a dealer present taking deposits and I didn't feel like any misrepresentations took place. All you had to do was ask. However, the ability to climb the dunes was obviously not tested here and I think AC is, at the very least, guilty of not doing their homework.

I will agree with you they didn't do all of their homework, but let's look at what we really have here. How many hills in the US will the stock XP make it up that a stock Wildcat cannot?

1. Brawley Slide, Glamis
2. China Wall (Hill 5), Glamis
3. Patton Hill, Gordon's Well
4. Olsmobile Hill, Glamis (??) will the Wildcat make it up this one?

Other hills that no stock UTV can make it up:
1. Choke Cherry Hill, St Anthony, ID
2. Competition Hill, Dumont, CA

These are just hills I'm familiar with or have heard of. Please keep adding to this if you know of any more hills that the WC can't make it up or neither can make it up.

Now let's look at all of the other terrain that the WC just soaks up and seems to have plenty of power for. Everything else. Sure, the WC wasn't taken to Dubai or the UAE for testing, like I would have (OK, maybe just to get a free trip there, but hey...) neither has Polaris taken any of their stuff there.

I'd still give the WC a B overall, and excluding duning, I'd give it a solid A. However, I am a bit biased, I have a rail to dune with and wasn't really planning on duning the WC much if at all. Camp cruising, maybe some passes down the sand drags, smaller dunes, mostly trail riding, exploring and rock crawling. At these things, it will still excel at.

At the end of the day, it still has the sweetest suspension and best chassis, hands down.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that people were spending $35K to make a Rhino ride/run halfway decent, and they still didn't have what this has: a low center of gravity.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I will agree with you they didn't do all of their homework, but let's look at what we really have here. How many hills in the US will the stock XP make it up that a stock Wildcat cannot?

1. Brawley Slide, Glamis

These are just hills I'm familiar with or have heard of. Please keep adding to this if you know of any more hills that the WC can't make it up or neither can make it up.

Now let's look at all of the other terrain that the WC just soaks up and seems to have plenty of power for. Everything else. Sure, the WC wasn't taken to Dubai or the UAE for testing, like I would have (OK, maybe just to get a free trip there, but hey...) neither has Polaris taken any of their stuff there.

I'd still give the WC a B overall, and excluding duning, I'd give it a solid A. However, I am a bit biased, I have a rail to dune with and wasn't really planning on duning the WC much if at all. Camp cruising, maybe some passes down the sand drags, smaller dunes, mostly trail riding, exploring and rock crawling. At these things, it will still excel at.

At the end of the day, it still has the sweetest suspension and best chassis, hands down.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that people were spending $35K to make a Rhino ride/run halfway decent, and they still didn't have what this has: a low center of gravity.
I agree. I can't and won't speak for the dune crowd but in my neck of the riding woods (East TN) there is a modified Rhino for sale. It was built specifically for hard technical trail/rock crawling. He has over 25K in it, including suspension and engine mods. It is probably the baddest Rhino I have seen, climbs well and runs great. It still isn't close to the Wildcat. All reasonable offers considered. What's it worth? Nowhere near the cost of a new Wildcat in my opinion. I truly am sorry the WC doesn't meet the duners expectations but I still think AC has a homerun. Maybe not an over the fence 500ft shot but at least an inside the parker.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I agree. I can't and won't speak for the dune crowd but in my neck of the riding woods (East TN) there is a modified Rhino for sale. It was built specifically for hard technical trail/rock crawling. He has over 25K in it, including suspension and engine mods. It is probably the baddest Rhino I have seen, climbs well and runs great. It still isn't close to the Wildcat. All reasonable offers considered. What's it worth? Nowhere near the cost of a new Wildcat in my opinion. I truly am sorry the WC doesn't meet the duners expectations but I still think AC has a homerun. Maybe not an over the fence 500ft shot but at least an inside the parker.
Yep I wish it would hurry up and show up cause I think it will be excellent for what I intend to do with it.

;)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yep I wish it would hurry up and show up cause I think it will be excellent for what I intend to do with it.

;)

Meet chicks down at the mudhole?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Meet chicks down at the mudhole?
I am very happily married, but yes I meet chicks out on the trails. I am friendly with everyone. I don't care for the mud stuff, but thats where the crowds are. I like the trails and the difficult obstacles and hills like this:

But there is big fun down at the mud pit like this:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ tx Christopher, river run for muddy gras,ill be there, u?,nice park if u haven't been there.gonna b a party!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Feb 16-19,I think check river runs website,its gonna be nice ,favorite park around here!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I am very happily married, but yes I meet chicks out on the trails. I am friendly with everyone. I don't care for the mud stuff, but thats where the crowds are. I like the trails and the difficult obstacles and hills like this:

But there is big fun down at the mud pit like this:

That looks like a LOT of fun!

·
Registered
986 Posts
That looks fun and all, but the clean up must be hell.

Also, damn I see nothing but good looking (at least at a distance) girls all over these mud holes, both videos. Maybe I am missing something.....:wub:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I imagine a pressure washer would clean that up pretty quickly.

You know who I feel bad for, guys with tens of thousands of $$ in chrome or gold plating on their shocks, springs, etc on their sandrails. They don't want to pressure wash them, sand gets everywhere, so they dust them off as best they can, then hand polish everything. Even the transaxle housing and their polished axles.

IMHO, those cars belong on the show car circuit, not in the dirt. I love looking at them, but they really don't belong in a dirt/sand environment. But it's a free country, I love watching what people do with their money and spare time.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Red you are missing your wife on the backside of your head! As to the op I think 95 hp at the crank should be very doable. Why feed it more gas than it needs? There is a post about already about twin tbs on this motor(prowler)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

1. Brawley Slide, Glamis

Just to clarify......The Wildcat will make it up all those hills you listed at the Imperial Dunes. It won't do it in 2wd like the RZRs in the video did. It will however make it up in 4wd. It isn't moving to fast near the top, but it will definitely make it. There is nothing more frustrating than having your group decide to start the next portion of your ride by going up the hill to the top of the dunes and you can't make it up. I lived that soooo many times with my first Prowler. No issues when I had the 1000.....................

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Thats in Huntsville right? I have friends that have gone and they tell me lots of ta-ta's come out on display at Muddy Gras!

:eek:
Try the Mud Nationals in Texas. TaTa's are out in abundance. :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Spot on. I saw a bone stock, freash outa the box Commander XT on his 1st ride, make it up China wall w/o paddles, but was most deffinitly in 4x4 mode. It wasn't fast...but he made it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts