Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I kept my twisted stitch(simpson) seats outta the rzr. The simpson brackets I looked up seem a bit weird. They don't look to lay back much, they look tall, not sure if the driver side slides but hoping it does. Anybody put seats in or know anything about the Simpson brackets?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
after doing that, Ive made my own brackets, easy to fab then the ones I had to build for my old 1000s.. but, I did like the bracket that came for the passenger seat.. no extra fabbing needed..if theyre charging you 200 for both brackets, its worth it I feel.. just the time it took me to fab the passenger seat bracket, its worth it..

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
The ones I got for my XX worked great but I had to lower them as they sat me up too high..
not all of us vertically challenged folks would need a bubble extension on our roofs kevin...i like seeing over the dash...thus the d&p 2" seat risers...haaaaa...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a set of Corbeau seats in mine. I had to modify the seat brackets to except the new seats it was very easy to do didn’t take very long at all. I really like the comfort and the look. I am over 6’ tall and didn’t notice much difference in the height. It is a nice improvement well worth the time to get them swapped.
If you are anywhere close to Yuma AZ and need assistance I would be happy to lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
with the simpson brackets I got, it was very easy to cut the driver seat bracket to lower it about 2 inches as Im 6'5" worked great..the passenger bracket, all I did was re drill the 4 mounting points and moved them back as far as I could..gained a little more room for me if, I become a passenger, which is very rare haha

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, brackets came. The belt holes are 9" wide on center...seat holes are 11". For and aft they're about 6" difference. Seat person at Simpson told me nothing has changed between Simpson and Twisted Stitch.
I'll call them tomorrow but I see some re-engineering in my future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent the Simpson brkts back....they're not made for the older Twisted Stitch seats! Small amount of work on the stock seat brkts will be much easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That worked for me. It took very little time and the results were just what I was looking for. I think you will be pleased with the results.
due to the difference in the seats the stock brackets come up the backrest. You may want to consider a small bit of pipe insulation on the end so it doesn’t have a square edge on the upholstery. I used rubber pipe insulation on the brackets it worked very well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lowfyer....sounds like we did the same thing! I adapted the slider mechanism also. That took a little work but turned out good. The seats fit perfect!

·
Administrator
27,589 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts