Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He might have posted it somewhere else I didn't see it. Forgive me if I failed!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Better watch out for Smoky Link there Adam.....man he'd poop himself if he clocked a WC @ 80 mph....LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
686 Posts
That was with 4-5psi in the rear tires and in a 20mph windy day. I think with the tires aired up on a calm day we would see 82-83 easily

·
Registered
986 Posts
I drove this unit today. It was hard to remember how exactly it ran without the WCD, but I can tell you that the 0-5 MPH where it lugged it a bit at first is GONE. It pulls so hard you can't really run 2wd in the dirt because it just does a burn out for 30 feet. In a pretty short run in 2wd I hit 55 easy even though 0-40 was just blowing the tires loose. In 4wd it hit 50 in the same stretch. When cornering you could easily (and I mean really really easily) slide the back end around a corner in the dirt, probably even pavement without even much body roll. I would love to test it next to a stock unit (which I will when mine comes in), but I have to say I will probably be buying the WCD before I worry about exhaust or any other mods (besides the paddles and light bars I have already).

I also held up a 40" and 30" light bar to it to see how a 40" mounts/fits. I hate to say it's going to hang over the edge a bit too much even for weld on tabs, so it would have to go out the front a bit. On the other hand a 30" looks WAY too small on top. If you want it protected, the 30" fits freaking awesome under the top roll cage bar. I will post some pics shortly of holding those up for you LED lovers.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
THATS FAST for a 20mph HEAD WIND....... 1 second 10mph - 2 = 20mph - 3 = 30mph - 4 = 40mph - 6 = 50mph - 8 = 60mph - 12 = 70mph and 21 second to BAM 80MPH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Go to air dam clutch .com click on arctic cat. Pricing

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
airdamclutches dot com. Thislooks almost like a 'must do' mod to make the wildcat a contender for anyone other than grocery getters. The way I look at that if it adds $1250 to the sticker price right of the bat. The AC WC is already a little over-priced, imo. Required mods like this on an unproven car gives me reservations about purchasing a first year model. There are already concerns about the drivetrain being weak for the intended use. Putting power to it even harder will only make it worse. Not to mention if something like that happens (catastrophic drivetrain failure) you have now voided the warranty.I think I'll go with an XP for now and wait and see if these cars hold up. And maybe AC will get their heads out of their arses and dump the crap utility-based wet clutch altogether on future models...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
airdamclutches dot com. Thislooks almost like a 'must do' mod to make the wildcat a contender for anyone other than grocery getters. The way I look at that if it adds $1250 to the sticker price right of the bat. The AC WC is already a little over-priced, imo. Required mods like this on an unproven car gives me reservations about purchasing a first year model. There are already concerns about the drivetrain being weak for the intended use. Putting power to it even harder will only make it worse. Not to mention if something like that happens (catastrophic drivetrain failure) you have now voided the warranty.I think I'll go with an XP for now and wait and see if these cars hold up. And maybe AC will get their heads out of their arses and dump the crap utility-based wet clutch altogether on future models...
LOL, you don't HAVE to do it, and the Wildcat is right there just as fast as an XP out of the box. The rumor that it is slow is just that, a RUMOR, and is not true.

:p

·
Registered
508 Posts
Overpriced? And youre getting an xp? OK:pat:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The xp revs higher, factory utv had their xp and wc out and said whoever launched first won. The wcd is for people that are never happy. Damn it I am never happy @$%@%@%. Look at what each comes with and decide what you want to do with it. Add up any mods you want done on either then make a choice. The motor and drivetrain has won baja races that says a lot imo(on a prowler) Arctic Cat Prowlers Sweep Baja 1000 - ATV Rider Magazine
Get what makes you happy, just be informed. The Xp is night and day with a nice shock upgrade.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Whatever. The Wildcat runs within a length or two of your precious XP stock for stock. And so does the Commander for that matter. Actually, whoever gets the jump usually wins. Pretty good for a stock grocery getter. And if you put $1250 in it, it smokes the XP, not competes with it. And who the hell said anything about the drivetrain?? This whole thing is anything but unproven. It is almost identical to that of the proven Prowler 1000. I think you should stick with your XP though. Spend $5000 on a suspension that will compete with the wildcat, $1200 for power steering, and $500 for doors. Then we will go out and drag race, or mud bog, or rock climb (oh wait, you don't have a true 4wd) or whatever the hell you want and see how they compare. Guess what? They will still be with a length or two. Actually the RZR will probably be ahead because you will be much lighter in the wallet. But at least the other 3 million people who seem to own an XP will think you are incredibly cool......................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol (bad word here) classic dentless, pardon my french hehe.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Dang. A lot of butt-hurtedness over a simple expression of an opinion. I will be doing a lot of sand riding, and sand works way harder on a drivetrain than dirt. XP's are proven in the sand , that's all I'm saying. I'm also saying that some friends of mine were out test driving them when they were out at glamis and said they did have some issues with the drivetrain. They were also disappointed in the power, or lack thereof. And it seems the wet clutch is the root to the sluggish feel out had. Also, all the suspension in the world won't get you back to camp if you have a busted gearbox.I didn't join this forum to bash the wildcat. I am very interested in one. But I don't have a lot of money to throw around and don't wanna be a first run Guinea pig.

·
Registered
508 Posts
What issues with the drivetrain did they have? From the factory the wildcat does seem to be alittle down on power to the xp but from everything ive seen it still hangs right there with them. Busted gearbox? I hope you arent under the impression that the xp's arent experiencing their problems too. As far as the first run deal, thats your call. I think they did a pretty good job shaking the wildcat down with all the demo folks beating the crap out of it but im sure some things will come up. Faint hearts never won fair maiden.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Dang. A lot of butt-hurtedness over a simple expression of an opinion. I will be doing a lot of sand riding, and sand works way harder on a drivetrain than dirt. XP's are proven in the sand , that's all I'm saying. I'm also saying that some friends of mine were out test driving them when they were out at glamis and said they did have some issues with the drivetrain. They were also disappointed in the power, or lack thereof. And i:deadhorse:t seems the wet clutch is the root to the sluggish feel out had. Also, all the suspension in the world won't get you back to camp if you have a busted gearbox.I didn't join this forum to bash the wildcat. I am very interested in one. But I don't have a lot of money to throw around and don't wanna be a first run Guinea pig.
I can appreciate the sentiment of not being a "guinea pig", and this is my first venture into guinea pigville, but next time before you post about the "down in power" issue :deadhorse:, you should do some reading around here and you will find that all of us that rode a demo felt the same thing, and now that production models are out, we all found out that lack of power is not an issue, they are not sluggish at all, and based on airdams testing, they are pretty close to an XP in the acceleration and top speed department, like within a length or half length in a drag race.

All offroad machines break, the Polaris is no exception. Not trying to rip you, nor sell you on the Wildcat, but do some more homework on here before passing judgement.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts