Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just getting caught up after a vacation and our vendor stuff is back active. I plan to use this post to keep you all up to date on what we have in the works for the new XX. As many of you may have seen we already have cracked the code on the ECU, and have a full system in the works. The ECU in this car is pretty unique and has some interesting strategies for not only allowed power, but how the throttle body itself opens and responds to changes in the system. We have been on the dyno quite a bit collecting data. The final piece to the puzzle that I will be working on this week is the speed limiter. There are both RPM and speed limiters in this ECU, and just raising the rev limiter by itself will not yield any change in top speed which appears to be right at about 75MPH. In the next few days I will be posting baseline dyno charts as well as charts showing our progress. We are seeing some nice gains with just the Full Exhaust and ECU tune to match it. I will note that we did see the vehicle go lean when we added the full system, so making exhaust changes is not recommended without making fuel changes.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Administrator
27,597 Posts
I'm glad the vendor stuff worked out. How was Thailand?

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
did someone say thailand...feb 3, 1969 to feb 2, 1970...ubon rtafb...memories...

Reactions: mtgott

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking forward to what you guys come up with for the sand guys. Are you working on clutching as well? Hope to see your car out in Glamis next season!
Prototype adjustable clutch weights will be finished from CNC by end of week!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nate, great work looking forward to all you come up with on this car. Realistically this engine is probly good for another 12-15hp with exhaust, tuning and a clutch tho, right? As I see you posted that it made 100rwhp vs the rzr xp4 and xyz that's a hell of a good start already. Sure hope textron brings a factory turbo xx to the table this fall

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
So what's different between the XX and YXZ engines? I see your cams make quite a bit of power in the YXZ. Can that type of power be found in the XX engine as well?

·
Vendor
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The XX and YXZ share pretty much everything except for the camshafts. The XX has a larger set of cams that account for the additional power. Beyond ECU and exhaust upgrades there is not much that will gain NA power in the XX.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
68 Posts
The XX and YXZ share pretty much everything except for the camshafts. The XX has a larger set of cams that account for the additional power. Beyond ECU and exhaust upgrades there is not much that will gain NA power in the XX.

Nate
Alba Racing
bummer. I was hoping you would be able to squeeze some more N/A power out of it!

·
Registered
134 Posts

Nate
Alba Racing
Any idea what the compression ratio is. Wondering if a bump in compression and some port work will help it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts